JAUCE.COM GUIDES

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I've put together a guide and also an explanation, with an example of fees and charges that you will incur when bidding on items on the Japanese auction site which is similar to Ebay. You can bid on items for your Elgrand which are not available in the UK, through http://www.jauce.com/ simply follow the 7 step guide below.
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Step 5.

Step 6.

Step 7.

Here is an example of what charges and fees you would expect to pay for an item won at 10'000 yen.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Nice write up dude, I'll be buying some stuff from Jauce next year. Got Christmas coming up and the exhaust is taking up the last of my van funds for this year :D

This is excellent RapperFrapper, thanks for posting it. I've looked at this site a couple of times but was rather daunted by it, this is very helpful.

micky_h

Here for life
E51 Owner
spot on Rapperfrapper,

ive got 4 items on the way over, they also give the option of bundling multiple items together into one package to save postage,

seems ok so far

mike

JonRWB

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Nice one.

I' ve just had a pleasant shopping experience from buyee.jp - I ordered a set of custom-fit thermal window shades - I ended up paying about £85 for a full set delivered and customs & VAT paid. You can't get Elgrand-specific ones in the UK and it would have cost be at least double to get a set custom made.

The whole process was really easy - just register for free and then search. You can pay by PayPal and it's really straightforward.

If anyone has any questions then give me a shout.

Barney59

E51 Owner
Thanks All for these suggestions. I bought something a couple of weeks back from Jauce but never received an email regarding their receipt of item. However, I will probably bundle so there is no worries. Any charges for Jauce holding onto my purchase until ready?

Nustad

Premium Member
We haven't bought wheels from Jauce but If I recall correctly they will not ship used alloys unless the tyres get knocked off first.
On the subject of Jauce and other such sites would it be possible to get together a group buy, It is quite pricey if only ordering one or two items and a group buy could possibly make it much cheaper if all the purchases were shipped over in one go.?

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I think both Jauce and nippon, will both store your won items for 60 days with no charge, but not sure if they would shipping together multiple items from different buyers, but can't see why not as you'd only need to give the auction numbers that needed to be packaged together, then one person would need to pay shipping then obtain everyone's share of it from them.

Andy M

E51 Owner
Do you need to check with the seller before bidding to make sure they will post to the UK or do Jauce take care of it in the same way eBay do with international shipping?

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The seller will be posting it to Jauce, it's then up to you whether you want to Jauce to repack it ( at a cost of course, but I'd recommend it as I've had an item posted from Japan in a carrier bag before now), Jauce will then post it on to you after you have chosen the type of shipping you'd like, think Jauce give you about 4/5 diff options to chose from depending on price and how soon you want it.

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I bought a replacement front top section grill, and couldn't be posted by Ems Japan post, as too big, cost me £150 via UPS