JAE 2015

davegrand

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
So for all of us who are unlucky in not being able to be a part of the weekend events can people please update this thread with the goings on and pics of the show please instead of it all being on fb.
This is where it should be for future references for people to see what a friendly club this is.
So please add your pics and thoughts and happenings on here for all to see.
Really wish I could of been at this one, am gutted to be missing it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Right then chaps. It's now 6.30 am. I'm hungover and the only one up. I'm currently sitting in the wreckage that is the ElgrandOC camp site.

Yesterday was an amazing start to the event. We all had a great opportunity to chat and get to know one another.

So, here's me starting off in Hartlepool.

Drive down to Newark and saw about 6 Jap cars in total, not what I expected the closer I got the UK's biggest Jap event.

Spotted this E51 in Newark. Tried to get his attention, but he didn't want to know.

Found this bunch at TK Maxx :)

Then we moved onto the show and started setting up our home for the next few days.

And, we sort of set fire to the floor... :rofl:

Lessons learned on day 1:

Bring LOTS more wood.
Don't drink quite so much (might need to learn that lesson again tonight though)
Bring warm clothing, not just a hoodie.
ElgrandOC members are awesome [emoji106]

Sent from space

Tarkers

E51 Owner
Hi Guys.

I may be able to pop over for a day visit on Saturday. I'm assuming it's OK to park a French car in the visitors' car park!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Re: RE: Re: JAE 2015

Tarkers said:
Hi Guys.

I may be able to pop over for a day visit on Saturday. I'm assuming it's OK to park a French car in the visitors' car park!
Yes mate. Any cars are allowed in the visitors car park :) be good to meet you mate. Hope you can make it.

Sent from space

davegrand

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Can they not Park on the stand?
Other years Jap cars have been allowed in the show ground regardless of when they turn up.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I don't know. I reckon I could get some people into the show ground. I'll just drive it from the public car park to the stand as I've got a wrist band [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from space

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
OK, so we're on day 3 now, so it's time to have a recollection of Day 2.

Today started very much the same as yesterday, hungover. But I got more sleep, and didn't get out the van until 7.30.
Much to my dismay, I've lost pretty much everything, so I'm on a little treasure hunt today for my stuff.

Anyway, moving onto yesterday's antics, here's some pics [emoji106]

Start as you mean to go on eh!

Gave marmite a going over with the Polish, cleaned the wheels and added some tyre shine. Set her up at the bottom of the stand and left the music blaring for a while.

We had a problem on the first night, in that we ran out of shit to burn. So we went and raided home bargains, homebase and the coop for all the wood and ice we could get.

And I got some pics of the stand as we set it all up :)

The camper vans for hire guys all set up to show off Toby and Ava

A few pictures of the camp as it expanded

And some more pics of the stand after some late arrivals.

This was a bad panoramic shot, tried to do a 180 degree shot, but it went wrong.

The fire, much better than the first night.

And then Paul (clocky) and myself had a little snooze by the fire [emoji23]

More to follow soon, but it's cold and raining today.

Sent from space

Tarkers

E51 Owner
I should be over c. 11:00 - 11:30 today (Saturday), traffic permitting. Very keen to see those campers at close quarters!

derek h

Thanks Karl n all, including the Yam Yam (warrever),
I had a great day, nice to put faces to names. And to help me with a choice of which model to buy. Ferinstace, I had discounted Pearlescent White.
No longer, it looks so much better in the flesh. Opens up my choices no end.

Still, enjoy the rest of the weekend, safe journeys home. See you all once I have mine, :yahoo:

Or am still a wannbe. :oops:

Ps, To Yam Yam. The block plant at Hendesford, was at Cheslyn Hay.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Well, our last morning at JAE and the three days of drinking has really taken it's toll on me. My head is sore this morning.

Yesterday was another great day. We had a few people join the stand for the day to meet the club. Absolution (Mark) was invited onto the show and shine stand by the organisers which was a great honour for him and us as a club. Out of the thousands of cars here, we had a vehicle chosen from our stand.

I had my first walk around yesterday as I'd decided to remain sober for a few hours so I'll share some of the pictures I've taken.

Here's the best cars on the show and shine (in my opinion anyway)

davegrand

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well I hope you all had a great weekend, thank you for the updates.
Next year I will be there as I'm booking it off work tomorrow.

blingo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
It was a great weekend indeed. Thanks to Karl and everyone else involved in organising it, you did a great job...

My boy (Albert) really, really enjoyed it. Must admit, I was a bit worried about bringing him after our santa pod experience but we're both really glad we did it. Hopefully others with children will feel more comfortable doing the same for future events.

Oh, and after you all left the vulcan bomber flew over again, even lower this time :D

Simon

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I saw that when driving home... couldn't believe how low it was :)

Great show, great stand, see you guys next year :)

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I only know what we won Best Stand in show :thumbup: I have no idea about anything much that happened elsewhere in the show...