Importing, patience and a mix up

Deand

E51 Owner
I guess Swansea are a law until themselves!
They have just rejected one of mine and told me it needed a IVA because the application reg date was 1 day early for the ten years

Well I've seen my car in the flesh. Wow it's clean, I heard all the "Jap cars are well looked after" talk, and wanted to believe it, but didn't, I mean it's a 14 year old car, it has to show it's age doesn't it?

Well if you'd washed it, cleaned the headlights and put in a new car smell I'd happily believe it was new. Quite shocked to be honest.
Good to hear you are happy !
I hope my will be similar.i received docs yesterday and will pick up remotes,keys,instruction later today .
Time to start sorting someone to bring it home from port .
Who did you use Chris T ?

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Good to hear you are happy !
I hope my will be similar.i received docs yesterday and will pick up remotes,keys,instruction later today .
Time to start sorting someone to bring it home from port .
Who did you use Chris T ?
I used a guy local to me in the end, he was good enough, though him being late resulted in me missing my MOT slot and adding 2 days on to my wait to put papers in to DVLA.

If yours is at Southampton or Newcastle it should be far easier to arrange transport than it was for me at Bristol. You could ask the company who sorted customs for you, they often offer to arrange transport too.

I used a guy local to me in the end, he was good enough, though him being late resulted in me missing my MOT slot and adding 2 days on to my wait to put papers in to DVLA.

If yours is at Southampton or Newcastle it should be far easier to arrange transport than it was for me at Bristol. You could ask the company who sorted customs for you, they often offer to arrange transport too.
Thanks mate .
My will ship to southampton 21 june..
Will ring them jcshipping and see what they offer

sppooky

Cheryle at JC shipping can arrange shipping for you. She's incredibly helpful.
Thats who i used to transport to midlands. Was approx £204. She also was one who told me i need to wait for them to email me the Nova doc before i can register with DVLA. I'm in no rush though

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Thats who i used to transport to midlands. Was approx £204. She also was one who told me i need to wait for them to email me the Nova doc before i can register with DVLA. I'm in no rush though
Yip I had this conversation with her myself, later she admitted that you shouldn't have to wait but depends who at DVLA handles your form when it arrives.

sppooky

Cheers Chris. Yeah i was following Mickys guide in filling it on but just couldn't spot tax band 11 anywhere on the V149 rates doc. Found it now though, its £255 for the year or £140.25 for 6 months non direct debit

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Cheers Chris. Yeah i was following Mickys guide in filling it on but just couldn't spot tax band 11 anywhere on the V149 rates doc. Found it now though, its £255 for the year or £140.25 for 6 months non direct debit
I've not worried about that bit, I'm going to pay at the desk in the DVLA so left it blank for now.

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Been a hectic week with work but this morning I finally collected my MOT certificate from garage (not even an advisory) and dropped everything off at the DVLA.

Car is however still at the garage as they are going to decore it for me while I'm waiting on reg number from DVLA.

The experience of the DVLA was exactly like the DMV in the Simpsons. First woman literally just repeated "we are just a drop off service" when I explained I just wanted to pay for tax. Second woman was far more helpful though. So now at the mercy of the bank holiday weekend and the DVLA 😂

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
I dunno Chris, have you managed to drive it at all yet?
Other than take a quick look around it the other day I've not laid a hand on it. This week has been so hectic and didn't want to take it for a spin and do anything illegal while I waited for plates.

But now it's at MOT place in Swansea and will need to be shifted soon, sooner than couple of weeks it will take to get registration documents anyway.