how many elgrands

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
No idea.

Depending on how curious you are, you could request the information from the DVLA under the freedom of information act. You won't get personal details, but you should be able to get a total number of Nissan Elgrand's registered on UK roads. Not sure if they would be able to identify between E50/E51 as that is not listed on the V5. The only way you would be able to identify is from the chassis numbers.

E50's are AVE50 / AVWE50 / APE50 / APWE50 / ATE50 / ATWE50 / ALE50 / ALWE50

E51's are E51 / NE51 / ME51 / MNE 51

nobby62

Here for life
E51 Owner
Must be thousands if you consider how many have been for sale on Ebay over the last few years.... but strangely I still haven't seen another E51 in the flesh on the roads in the UK after 18 months of ownership..... seen a few E50's though.

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Must be thousands if you consider how many have been for sale on Ebay over the last few years.... but strangely I still haven't seen another E51 in the flesh on the roads in the UK after 18 months of ownership..... seen a few E50's though.
Yeah but you are talking thousands out of millions. Very small percentage.

Edit - 37.5 million cars registered on UK roads at the end of 2017.

This club has 2000 members, say that's only half of the Elgrand owners in the UK, making 4000 on the roads (excluding those for sale).

That's 0.01% of the total number of cars on the road being an Elgrand.

Scrap that - chances are only 10% of Elgrand owners are in a club... so say all 10% are in our club, that's 20,000 Elgrand's on the road, which is 0.05%.

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
I seen one yesterday when I was driving between Warrington and Northwich, a lovely white highway star. I've also seen 5 in my tiny little south Wales town and one just down the road in neath parked up.

Frogeyepete

Premium Member
E51 Owner
No idea.

Depending on how curious you are, you could request the information from the DVLA under the freedom of information act. You won't get personal details, but you should be able to get a total number of Nissan Elgrand's registered on UK roads. Not sure if they would be able to identify between E50/E51 as that is not listed on the V5. The only way you would be able to identify is from the chassis numbers.

E50's are AVE50 / AVWE50 / APE50 / APWE50 / ATE50 / ATWE50 / ALE50 / ALWE50

E51's are E51 / NE51 / ME51 / MNE 51
My log book just says Nissan, so it could be a Nissan anything - bit of a problem when I wanted insurance. Put in the number plate but had to enter the vehicle details manually. Thought about contacting DVLA to add "Elgrand", but I can be a lazy s#d at times, so haven't bothered.