E51 High revs on idle

Muhammad14

E51 Owner
Hi to all

I have E51 rider 3.5 2003 model. I have been noticing high revs on idle since yesterday and it is 1200rpm.

I don't know what is the actual rev and what should it has to be?

If it is a problem than what it would be?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Muhammad14

E51 Owner
Hi user

Thank you very much for the information.

The high rev problem is now sorted out.

There was a recall on my car which is performed today by Nissan and during that they have reprogrammed the ecu of my car and now it is doing almost 700-730rpm.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Brilliant info guys! After a couple of months of idling at 1k rpm I finally remembered to try its

4A6E0037-3CD0-4B73-B4DF-D985CF7BE75A.jpeg ED9B1D3A-00B2-4C37-9719-C39755838A5F.jpeg

It didn’t work first time but blipping the accelerator during the 20 second learn period (hitting 4.5k rpm) it then fell back to 750 ish rpm

B)

Last edited:

Celestan

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Is that the same as the throttle re-learn, but without a code reader?

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere with a list of things you can do manually that follow a similar procedure.

MrRob_in

Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Is that the same as the throttle re-learn, but without a code reader?

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere with a list of things you can do manually that follow a similar procedure.
Yes,

There probably is a better thread (my code reading post is Stickied) but Google fed this one to me when I did a quick search while I had 30 mins waiting in Morrisons car park ;)

MrRob_in

Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Ah! I missed this step 12 in my rush to try get the job done before wife finished shopping ;)

C0BCD8F4-7E58-42BD-B1D6-D821C1A73CF4.jpeg

I’m sure the first time I waited for the 20 sec in step 11 to finish before I blipped throttle but the second time was during the 20 sec period and it worked.

MrRob_in

Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I haven't hooked it up for a while but if memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure idle speed can be altered via Nissan Datascan 2 as well as the method above - but the above method is cheaper :)
I don’t have access to a windows laptop or Android phone.

Celestan

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yes, I did performed this procedure using NDSII on Friday night, had the same problem of a high idle.

MPG seems a lot better after a long run to Norfolk and back to London.
Was that using the mobile app, or with a laptop? I'm wondering if I need to re-install my app or something?

Steviejay

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Do we have a diagnostic tool for an e51 that doesn't need hooking upto a laptop like the consult 3 software?

A Gucci little plug it in and away we go type setup?