high mileage question.

hi guys spent a coupe of hours last night browsing the forum, read some great posts and got lots of great info, currently looking at purchasing my fist elgrand looked at a lot online, I managed to look at a local dealer(grange villa car sales) and loved the first one I saw think it was a highway star, the interior was mint high spec including power curtains, exterior in great condition no marks at all, only thing putting me of its done 82 thousand miles is that high for one these?, the dealer was great he has been selling these and alphards for a number of years and his reviews are very good of previous elgrands he has sold.

lolgamlen

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Liam Welcome aboard. I would suggest that 82K (either miles or kilometres) is nothing on one of these engines provided it has been well cared for and received regular oil and filter changes. It sounds like you should get a decent warranty from your dealer as well. Check if there is a service history and check the paperwork thoroughly. Againn your dealer sounds like he knows what he is about. Good luck!

Hi Liam Welcome aboard. I would suggest that 82K (either miles or kilometres) is nothing on one of these engines provided it has been well cared for and received regular oil and filter changes. It sounds like you should get a decent warranty from your dealer as well. Check if there is a service history and check the paperwork thoroughly. Againn your dealer sounds like he knows what he is about. Good luck!
He seems very genuine and knowledgeable about these cars. He said the car will be serviced wax oiled he even said he fits brand new head units too all of his imports too. Fingers crossed I will be a owner very soon.

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
As above. If it's been well looked after these engines will run and run, which judging by what you've said about interior and exterior it's been cared for. Is the mileage 82k km's or miles? As they come reading km's and they have to be either chipped or overlay dash clock for the speedo. Just to put your mind at rest, I bought mine with 90+k km's and nearly 7 years later it's now on 205k km's and still going strong!! Use it everyday and never caused me any real problems other than age related wear and tear things which you expect from any vehicle.

As above. If it's been well looked after these engines will run and run, which judging by what you've said about interior and exterior it's been cared for. Is the mileage 82k km's or miles? As they come reading km's and they have to be either chipped or overlay dash clock for the speedo. Just to put your mind at rest, I bought mine with 90+k km's and nearly 7 years later it's now on 205k km's and still going strong!! Use it everyday and never caused me any real problems other than age related wear and tear things which you expect from any vehicle.
82 thousand rob. The info and replies on here have been brilliant. I emailed the dealer yesterday and said I like the car but I was looking for one with a bit less miles he said he has another two in stock he is going to see what sort of offer he can do on the cars he has for sale.

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Don't be worried about milage on the clock. Even one with 100000k's is still only 60000 miles which is low. The Japanese don't use their cars much during the week days as most live in the cities and work there and public transport is awesome so they are more a recreational weekend vehicle which is mainly when they are used most.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Welcome to the club ,
To be honest I’m not a great lover of super low mile cars , either they have been parked up not getting used or doing 2 mile start stop trips where car doesn’t get upto correct running temp , High miles cars are more motorway miles , aslong as u maintain these cars these engines will last for massive miles , and to be honest the one u talk about , if correct that’s a low mileage car to me