Hi

If the agent is up for it, ask him to put a set of seat covers on out in Japan before it ships, will cost about £200 (depending what ones you want) where as same ones would cost closer to £500 if you had to ship them over to the UK and pay tax on them.
Thanks @Chris T - i spoke with the agent about covers - quoted £350 for the covers bought and fitted (looking the covers themselves they are c£200). They are happy to fit the covers but wouldn't put the boxes in the car for transport to the UK. Now there is a boat leaving soon and i am waiting to hear if they can fit the car on this boat, in which case there won't be time to fir the covers. If we miss the next boat there will be plenty of time unfortunately!

The agent also told me that that they have a contact in japan who is running their after market parts business or something like this from home and can get decent shipping rates with TNT (assume this is just a trade account) and can ship directly here. Haven't gone that far yet but if I find prices will let people know so we can compare (can't imagine being very cheap).

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
£350 seems steep to me, I bought covers for about £190 and the guy at the port wanted close to £30 to fit them. Don't get me wrong they weren't fitted well, but we'll enough to not need to pay customs and then I tidied them up when it got here.

£350 seems steep to me, I bought covers for about £190 and the guy at the port wanted close to £30 to fit them. Don't get me wrong they weren't fitted well, but we'll enough to not need to pay customs and then I tidied them up when it got here.
I agree - £350 fitted sounds steep considering the cost to buy them