E51 Help with 4wd. Sorted. Happy days

sauliusagintas

Premium Member
E51 Owner
When i went to pick car up, it was late and this autoelctroman was gone. Guy who instaled lpg told me, he had to synchronise by pressing buttons, what else he don't know . So im clueless too, but happy that all was fixed.
I'll go back to garage about in a month for 1000 mile check up and ill ask again if i met this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saulius,

Hows the 4wd doing nowadays? Is it still going ok? Im going to look at a E51 4wd Elgrand on friday. Just trying to find as much as i can out about the 4wd system.

Cheers

Omar

sauliusagintas

Premium Member
E51 Owner
D
hi my 4wd light came on after i had the front wheel bearing done it was fine before does it just need resyncing please help
Hi,
I didn't performed 4wd sync so i really can not help here. But i think it is somehow possible. Maybe just button combination.
Does abs light is on or not as error? Please, describe which dash lights are on and is correct front bearing was replaced. As some of them don't have magnetic ring on it.
Waiting for reply.
Regards.

marc ormsby

E51 Owner
hi thanks for your reply no theres no abs lights on but whats happend is the little green lights that show if your in rear wheel or 4wh have vanished and the little amber 4wd light is on and in the screen it shows the car with a big 4wd on it and i cant select either rear wheel or auto as it just beeps at me but theres no abs light on so was thinking the abs ring is working ok regards

sauliusagintas

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I
hi thanks for your reply no theres no abs lights on but whats happend is the little green lights that show if your in rear wheel or 4wh have vanished and the little amber 4wd light is on and in the screen it shows the car with a big 4wd on it and i cant select either rear wheel or auto as it just beeps at me but theres no abs light on so was thinking the abs ring is working ok regards
I do remember when i asked guy he said he dome some synchronisation. And that only. So i was quite happy and didn't asked for more info.

marc ormsby

E51 Owner
ok thankyou for your help i wonder if he still works there or if he can remember how may i ask where you had this done so i can phone them and ask if he remembers how to do it im hoping i can still drive it normally as i suppose it just reverts back to 2wd well thats what im hoping its in as i have to use it daily i took it out round the block and it felt ok regards

Ian Jones

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Bttt anyone know how to sync the 4wd system please, I have the 4wd light on and the green lights for the 2wd,4wd bit has no lights on. Can can not select 2wd or 4wd etc

Simon Mac

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I still have the same issue after running the car with the wheels raised off the ground to isolate a noise, have bought the Vag-Com cable and Nissan Data scan 2 software - Cleared a C1118 code which has remained clear but still have no green lights in the 4wd icon although I can select the the options it then throws up the 4wd, ABS and VDC errors.

Only the 4WD error on main display appears when in 2WD mode

I'm beginning to suspect the front diff and something feels tight while turning and reversing - can sense the wheel biting especially on dirt (In 2wd mode)

Any ideas?

Ian Jones

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I still have the same issue after running the car with the wheels raised off the ground to isolate a noise, have bought the Vag-Com cable and Nissan Data scan 2 software - Cleared a C1118 code which has remained clear but still have no green lights in the 4wd icon although I can select the the options it then throws up the 4wd, ABS and VDC errors.

Only the 4WD error on main display appears when in 2WD mode

I'm beginning to suspect the front diff and something feels tight while turning and reversing - can sense the wheel biting especially on dirt (In 2wd mode)

Any ideas?
with mine, the nissan data scan and the icarsoft did not detect the fault code, (cut they did clear the c1118 code) the garage had to use the dealer level equipment to remove the fault code.

Simon Mac

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Ok Thanks Ian

Does anyone know of any other software I can try now I have the cable or is it a garage visit where they have more advance equipment?

Ian Jones

Premium Member
E51 Owner
At a guess I would say a normal garage with a good scanner equipment should be able to read the code

roy-the-boy60

E51 Owner
Hi there I know this is an old thread but i am just about to buy my first Elgrand and the 4wd light is permanently on but it still selects between 4wd and 2wd is this an easy fix is it the wheel bearing or should i walk away?
Regards Roy

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Walk away. There are plenty of Elgrands available with no obvious faults, dont buy one with a strange problem unless you know its an easy fix. If it was an easy well known fault then you could use that to your advantage, but if in doubt , get out.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Ok Thanks Ian

Does anyone know of any other software I can try now I have the cable or is it a garage visit where they have more advance equipment?
e51 only uses Nissan Consult 2 so you will need to find a garage with Asian/JDM Dealer Level diagnostics or go to a Nissan Service Department. Or buy a Copy/knock off Consult 2 and cable (£120ish) if you have an XP Laptop to run it on.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Ahhhhh yes. Looks like it. Bugger. Oh well. I'll rewrite it at some point. Can not be bothered right now lol.
Definitely not removed I'll see if I have an email notification containing the post
I'm sure it would be much appreciated if you did repost it.

Last edited: