E51 Gtr R35 alloys

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
You will need to modify the sliding doors to clear the rear wheels and modify rear arches to accept the offset. Most of the ones in Japan that we see are running 4 X front wheels
Thought so, thanks for confirming B)

Andy916

Premium Member
You will need to modify the sliding doors to clear the rear wheels and modify rear arches to accept the offset. Most of the ones in Japan that we see are running 4 X front wheels
Whilst looking for 350Z v1 'Touring' alloys (18") I briefly considered looking for 4 front Rays forged wheels from the same model. With 4wd I didn't want to risk even a small difference front to rear. In the end I found a tidy set of v1 Touring, they suit the E51 well, but I'm still curious as to the feel of shedding 2-3kg unsprung weight at each corner.

The 20" wheels look great but I'll stick to 18" from everything I've heard so far!

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
View attachment 1875

glad you like it

i cant help myself bought this boy racer E51 rider with 19" wheels big exhaust and coilovers too it will be here 2nd week in Jan View attachment 1874
You are NOT alone mate. LOL. That front splitter will need protecting though from kerb bashing!!! LOL

My selling dealer emailed me today and told me he has also sourced me one of those E51 Rider S rear roof deck spoilers too albeit is White but i'll paint it either Black or Red.

teamcowie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
R35 GTR Specs:

E51 Elgrand specs:

Yes. They're a direct fit. I saw an E51 on Facebook from one of the Japanese mad-modders with R35 rims. :p

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/nissan/elgrand/2002/

Not the picture I was after, but still:
Well i tried to fit the front gtr wheels onto the front of a 2003 e51 and they dont fit not even close
tyre hits the strut way before the wheel sits on the hub, i guess that the one above has coil overs fitted and with the coil over being much smaller the wheel fits. i had to put on a 15mm spacer to get wheel bolted on to findout that when car lowered the wheel was sticking out past the wheel arch.

Keith

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Ah no!!

What are you going to do?

I'd be looking at the coilover route if budget allows, still think they are the best wheels for the E51 and really make it look special

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well i tried to fit the front gtr wheels onto the front of a 2003 e51 and they dont fit not even close
tyre hits the strut way before the wheel sits on the hub, i guess that the one above has coil overs fitted and with the coil over being much smaller the wheel fits. i had to put on a 15mm spacer to get wheel bolted on to findout that when car lowered the wheel was sticking out past the wheel arch.

Keith
That's a real bummer matey. They do look cool though but I would be a tad worried about stability with 15mm spacers on etc. How much nut thread did you have showing ??? Last thing you want is a " Carlos Fangdango moment " like in the old Hamlet advert in his Ford Anglia and his super wide wheels!!!! LOL.

There is a full set of coil overs currently for sale on ebay albeit says they are for an E50 Elgrand but I bet they would fit an E51.

Good luck with it all.

teamcowie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
That's a real bummer matey. They do look cool though but I would be a tad worried about stability with 15mm spacers on etc. How much nut thread did you have showing ??? Last thing you want is a " Carlos Fangdango moment " like in the old Hamlet advert in his Ford Anglia and his super wide wheels!!!! LOL.

There is a full set of coil overs currently for sale on ebay albeit says they are for an E50 Elgrand but I bet they would fit an E51.

Good luck with it all.
Hi the spacers are the bolt on type I had a set left over for when I raced a R35 Gtr. Coil overs will sort the problem out

Seven

The Engineer
Staff member
E50 Owner

Good luck with it all.
Spacers don't cause any harm to stability as long as they're billet. I wouldn't trust anything made of cheese on any of my vehicles. All a spacer will do, since it's increasing the offset of the wheel is cause slightly more wear on bearings and suspension as the impact from bumps is further over. Again, billet spacers just act as a thick-walled hub I guess is the best way to describe it. Someone I know has had 30mm spacers on his R33 at the back for a year until he could afford the wheels he wants that are the correct offset. So far he's had no issues at all, nothing visually worn or damaged.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I think the real problem is oe studs are quite short and prone to stripping thread. Longer Nismo studs are available and I think some cross compatible ones for other cars are too. Quality bolt on items are better if they’d fit.