• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Fuel Economy

Well, I had a good look at a few Hyundai's and the Ioniq 5 comes out the winner for access, headroom, etc. It is also an amazing car!

I've crunched the numbers and, comparing the Ellie with the cost of getting the Ioniq from Motability, there is no difference in total running costs per week if I drive 150 miles a week. Anything over that and I save more with the Ioniq because my fuel costs will only be a max of 2.5p a mile. Less if I can get leccy at below 7.5p a kWh and Octopus Energy often have a price well below that. They will sometimes pay me a few pence per kWh to use leccy from the grid if there is an over-production. I also have solar panels and a 9.6kWh battery so leccy is cheap for me.
Obviously I'm not going to produce 77kWh a day so I will have to buy from the grid when I need to, but I won't need the full 77kWh every day.
In the summer I can generate up to 30kWh a day and only use 10kWh for the house so I'll be able to put up to 20kWh (free) into the car battery on a fairly regular basis.

I'm arranging a two hour test drive for next week, so it looks as though The Floozie will soon be leaving her home for the last seven years.
Now comes the problem of how much to ask for her.

Champagne Gold, 2003, 3.5 petrol with LPG (including filling pump to fill at home.)
4wd
Recent engine replacement with 60k engine supplied and fitted by Steve at Tojo.
f/f cruise
All cats neutered.
Calder Camper side conversion with R&R bed, pop-top, fridge, cooker sink, Outdoor Revolution blow-up awning, (Hardly used) quiet Honda generator.
4 brand new tyres (Grrrr!)
Undersealed and cavity job.
Bodywork needs attention but is OK. (I hardly ever clean her) One small rusty bit on tailgate.
Seats need re-covering or some seat covers.
MOT due in July.
I've owned this since October 2016
Registered as a camper and as dual fuel.
I'll add to this as I think of things.

Well, I had a good look at a few Hyundai's and the Ioniq 5 comes out the winner for access, headroom, etc. It is also an amazing car!

I've crunched the numbers and, comparing the Ellie with the cost of getting the Ioniq from Motability, there is no difference in total running costs per week if I drive 150 miles a week. Anything over that and I save more with the Ioniq because my fuel costs will only be a max of 2.5p a mile. Less if I can get leccy at below 7.5p a kWh and Octopus Energy often have a price well below that. They will sometimes pay me a few pence per kWh to use leccy from the grid if there is an over-production. I also have solar panels and a 9.6kWh battery so leccy is cheap for me.
Obviously I'm not going to produce 77kWh a day so I will have to buy from the grid when I need to, but I won't need the full 77kWh every day.
In the summer I can generate up to 30kWh a day and only use 10kWh for the house so I'll be able to put up to 20kWh (free) into the car battery on a fairly regular basis.

I'm arranging a two hour test drive for next week, so it looks as though The Floozie will soon be leaving her home for the last seven years.

Champagne Gold, 2003, 3.5 petrol with LPG (including filling pump to fill at home.)
4wd
f/f cruise
All cats neutered.
Calder Camper side conversion with R&R bed, pop-top, fridge, cooker sink, Outdoor Revolution blow-up awning, (Hardly used) quiet Honda generator.
Bodywork needs attention but is OK. (I hardly ever clean her) One small rusty bit on tailgate.
MOT due in July.
Awesome, sounds like you have it all sorted there!

Why don't you just keep the Ellie as a camper/second car? In the grand scheme of things they don't cost that much to insure and tax if you aren't using them much. I was going to get rid of mine but hiring a van to go camping in for a week wasn't much cheaper than just keeping it. It does come in handy.

Just out of interest, why did your van need a new engine? Mine isn't very well at the moment and I have a feeling that might be a decision I will have to make at some point!

Good luck with the test drive! I really like the ioniq 5 too, would potentially get one if I could get a good enough deal on my salary sacrifice.

4wd
f/f cruise
All cats neutered.
MOT due in July.
I guess that the mileage will affect the amount that you can sell it for to some extent. 🤔

The pop-top has only been up twice since I got it. The cooker has been used twice (to boil water for cuppas) and so has the 'fridge.
The Awning has been used about five times (1 season) and the Honda genny was bought second-hand and has not been used since.
The two small gas bottles that were in the camper when I bought it are still there in the little cupboard almost unused.
There's a couple of unused blow-up beds as well.
At the time that I bought the Floozie I had some serious heart problems and my wife has some problems too, and we wanted to be able to visit our kids in Durham, Carlisle and way up in the Highlands. A camper seemed to be the best way forward so that we could take a break whenever necessary.
I'm pleased to say that it was never necessary, so we just enjoyed the drive in comfort.
I've arranged a test drive of the Hyundia for Friday afternoon.

The pop-top has only been up twice since I got it. The cooker has been used twice (to boil water for cuppas) and so has the 'fridge.
The Awning has been used about five times (1 season) and the Honda genny was bought second-hand and has not been used since.
The two small gas bottles that were in the camper when I bought it are still there in the little cupboard almost unused.
There's a couple of unused blow-up beds as well.
At the time that I bought the Floozie I had some serious heart problems and my wife has some problems too, and we wanted to be able to visit our kids in Durham, Carlisle and way up in the Highlands. A camper seemed to be the best way forward so that we could take a break whenever necessary.
I'm pleased to say that it was never necessary, so we just enjoyed the drive in comfort.
I've arranged a test drive of the Hyundia for Friday afternoon.
Mileage?

Reactions: Bal
Current mileage is 115,355. The engine was swapped at 109,500 for one that had done 61,515 miles. This was in May 2023

Here's how far I've got.

I'm wanting a quick sale as I am picking up my new Ioniq next Friday.

I would appreciate any advice as to what I should be asking for it.

Owned by me since Oct 2016

Nissan Elgrand X NE51

Champagne gold. (KX6)

3.5l petrol

4WD (switchable)

MOT July 2024

All four cats neutered

One electric sliding door (mechanism replaced about three years ago.

Converted to run on LPG (Simon) (Includes filling pump worth £375)

Air con (rear blanked)

F/f intelligent cruise

Throttle controller

4 new tyres plus good spare. (215/65 Van tyres that I run at 40psi)

115,400 miles (will be a little higher as I use it daily)

The engine was swapped by Steve at Tojo at 109,500 for one that had done 61,515 miles. May 2023

New Iridium plugs, MAFF sensor and throttle body when engine swapped

Adjustable suspension. (Currently quite soft )

Undersealed and cavities done.

Bodywork OK but not perfect. Small rust mark under rear number plate (See photo)

(I gave up the idea of having a show-car after the first year)

Calder Campers (They imported the Ellie) side conversion,

Fridge

Two burner cooker/electric pump sink unit.

Pop-top (with lighting)

Curtains - including acros sthe cab behind the driver (not electric)

Electric hook-up, with cable.

Swivel passenger seat

Rock 'n Roll bed

Thetford Porta-potti (unused)

Leisure battery

Fire extinguisher

*iCarsoft diagnostic tool £50

*Outdoor Revolution blow-up awning (used about five times )£300

*Honda quiet Generator bought second-hand but not used. £300

*Blow-up double bed. £10 (not used)

*600 watt microwave (can work off mains but Genny produces enough power too.) £50

*If asking price is met these will be included in the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bal
Back