E50 Front Pop Up Screen

Drdax

E50 Owner
Is it easy enough to remove the front pop up screen and replace with the storage compartment? If so, what parts are needed?

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
It's easy to remove the pop up screen. The cover can be levered off with a screwdriver under the front lip (4 push clips holding it on) and then it's 4 bolts holding in the screen assembly and 2 wiring clips to undo. The hard part is going to be finding a tray to replace it.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Yeah, I had this idea with my last E50 but never found a tray in 3 years (I didn't look that hard to be honest).
My new one has the tray, which you would think is really handy, but in all honestly, I don't even know what's in there at the moment :joy:

jason pullin

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yeah, I had this idea with my last E50 but never found a tray in 3 years (I didn't look that hard to be honest).
My new one has the tray, which you would think is really handy, but in all honestly, I don't even know what's in there at the moment :joy:
I've been looking reasonably hard for six months and not come across one. I do however have 2 lids for the pop up screen version of the space though if anyone is looking 🤣

Drdax

E50 Owner
Lol I just don’t like things that don’t work so I suppose I might just remove the screen and leave the original lid

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I reused my pop up mechanism and stuck a sat nav in there though I do still have the navi din unit to operate it.
@davegrand made a circuit board as a means of operating it. If you went down this route he'd be the man to talk to.

20160530_211850.jpg

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
It still pops up and goes down on the open/close button on the Navi unit. I only went for a single din head unit replacement so left the other one in place purely to operate this. I know many prefer double din units now which is why you would need a separate circuit board to get the screen mech to operate.

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
You'd have to contact davegrand for details. He might be able to sort you out (though haven't seen him here for a while).