freshandminty 2004 E51 (phase 2) Rider S

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner
Useful links within my Fresh&Minty Build Thread...

I'll add to these when I can or when I'm prompted for details on specific parts, and I also need to get a new home for my photobucket photos, click the relevant text below to go to the post...

Modifications / How To posts

BC Racing Coilovers
Rear fog light / silver look indicators
LED upper tail lights
Vinyl wrapped registration plate surround
Smoothed tailgate v1
Vinyl detailing
Chrome smoothie wheels 18x8 et35 20mm spacers rear & more photos
Audio build design
Headlight lens covers details & Headlight lens covers fitted
Removal of middle row middle seat and rails
Naked cab area and steps removed
Naked floor and passenger front door
Routing cables through firewall and from head unit
Naked floor - rail bolt positions and fuel pump location
Close up of middle seat rail bolt locations
A pillar trim removal
various photos with glovebox removed and dash trim removed
Amp unboxing
Dashboard panels and speedo housing removal
Head Unit "handbrake" connection and earth points
Middle rail modification and amp mounting
Carpet dye and floor refit
Access to move driver seat back? Plus refit of front carpets and dashboard panels
Middle row seat bolts close up photos
Start of sub enclosure build
Tailgate spoiler removal / rear wiper motor access
Clazzio DIA seat covers unboxing
Brake pad part numbers
Painted Dashboard plastics
Clazzio DIA seat covers fitted
Pool ball gear knob
Steering wheel cover
Sub enclosure inner cuts
Start of door builds
White vinegar rust removal
Clazzio seat covers model numbers

Air filter box removal to fit second battery

Photo sets

Ultimate Stance - 11/2015
Japfest - 04/2016
Japfest Rocks - 06/2016
Cars In The Park - 07/2016 & Gravity Show 07/2016
FittedUK - 07/2016 & NissShow - 08/2016
Chasewater EOC meet 02/2017
2 years ownership before and after comparisons 03/2017

behind the scenes photos at vibe photoshoot 09/17

Start of the build thread for real...

Okay so I haven't actually got an Elgrand yet but I've started the process of looking at them on-line and in person and the odd one or two that I've seen on the roads have made my heart skip so it's going to happen.

If it's going to happen then I may as well start the ball rolling with a project thread.

First up is a concept sketch, I know a couple of lines are awry but I'm only an amateur sketcher and threw this together in a few minutes to get the idea on paper.

The wheels are already in the garage following a spur of the moment ebay purchase. :?

I'll update as I get closer to purchase / when I get my hands on one / when I start playing with it. :twisted:

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Re: freshandminty 200* E51 Rider

You like the "mint" colour don't you! Seems to be a theme with you.

I have to say, it doesn't look as "out there" as I was expecting compared to the Cube... but I like it. Simple, stylish, and different. :thumbup: from me!

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert

As for the quality of the sketch... you can tell what it is at least and I can't do any better! :laugh:

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

Yes it's my favourite colour in cars. :)

There may be more to follow, i have other ideas but I'll see how far I want to take it.

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert

Take it as far as you think you should... Then a little bit more.

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

So the cube sold today.

Sad times.

I have a forthcoming purchase of an elgrand to focus on.

Good times.

Need to top up the pennies in the piggybank first though but give it a few months and I'll be there. :D

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert

You buying a ready imported one, or are you going down the fresh import route?

If you chose the latter, you'll probably get a better example to start with than getting one ready imported, unless you buy a fresh import from a dealer, which is dearer, but removed the time element from the situation.

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

Current plan is to import one but there's one come up at almost the right spec (2.5 rather than 3.5) so if that's still around when I've got the cash I might see how much I can chip away of their cut to see if it's worth importing.

Just about to ask about 2.5 v 3.5 differences in another thread...

micky_h

Here for life
E51 Owner

Hi freshandminty

seems you have expensive taste lol beforward has no riders and only lists one highway star

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.beforward.jp/nissan/elgrand/bf360828/id/465337/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.beforward.jp/nissan/elgrand/ ... id/465337/</a><!-- m -->

£2,359.60 to newcastle plus tax and vat

cheaper spec model

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.beforward.jp/nissan/elgrand/bf342893/id/446940/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.beforward.jp/nissan/elgrand/ ... id/446940/</a><!-- m -->
£1,620.17 to newcastle plus tax and vat

mike

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert

Found 2 E51 Riders and an E52 Rider - Minty, could you be the first club 51 owner???

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/nissan/elgrand/?eid=1&fid=2002&fd=rider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/ja ... 2&fd=rider</a><!-- m -->

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

I know mike but I've always modified the bodywork on cars to get them right but with the rider I'd be happy to leave it as is.

Importing a rider front bumper and normal e51 wouldn't be much cheaper!

Karl, the bottom one is more my budget the only thing that put me off that one is the mileage but also the fact the speedo has been changed. Could make paperwork over complicated.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

Sorry thought if replied to this?!

Bottom one is more my budget Karl but the change odometer put me off.

Things are looking up with my figures any way so hope to make progress soon. :D

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert

Well bloody hurry up will ya? I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it when you get it :D

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner

As you may have seen in the Facebook group I've now collected my purchase, and I've also started a blog so full collection day details are here if you'd like to read a story ...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://freshandmintycom.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/nissan-elgrand-collection-day-and-why.html">http://freshandmintycom.blogspot.co.uk/ ... d-why.html</a><!-- m -->

Alternatively for a quick hit here's some photos -

Mods had already started here, this is following a rear-end debadge -

And the inside (albeit blurry) -

Plans are VIP style but because I know I'll get bored of that very quickly I'm splitting the car in two.

Driver's side is going to be clean and simple smooth lines with VIP styling, passenger's side is going to be sticker fun with possibly some itasha fun sneaking in.

To summarise plans for 2015 -

Lows
Wheels
Stickers
Accessories

Cheers
Phil

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner
Not much in the way of progress but a few shots from this week...

First of all it's the start of the ice cream van sticker window with an ice cream sticker left over from my cube bonnet underside and a status error ice cream girl sticker. (each with a 400 YEN price label)

And because I couldn't reisit, a photo of the pearl white paint under the street light

And whilst loading the wheels in the car/bus/van to take to be painted I thought I'd lean one against the current wheel for a rough idea -

Seats flipped up onto the side and van mode activated -

A quick shot of the Elgrand next to a Type 25 in the work car park - it doesn't look quite so big parked next to another var. :) -

And lastly a shot of my choro Qs again with the Elgrand model in -

No photos yet but found the colour changing switch for the optional extra mood lighting last night. :D

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
What are those little models Matt? They look awesome. Although the Elgrand looks a little small next to the cube :laugh: