Forum & Elgrand 1998 E50 Newbie

MikeyD

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Always wanted a Camper van & really admired my next door neighbour's Face lift Elgrand. So I sold my caravan and bought Pearl, a 98 E50 and my first Camper van. She's in need of some TLC, has had a couple of minor bumps that have been bodged up, nothing really major.
I urgently need:- a nearside sill and mirror complete assembly; exhaust, fitted one rattles on tickover; will check out the store / forum later for any listing.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Welcome to the club mate. I'm sure you've seen my Elgrand parked next to your neighbour @Madfish

You won't find a sill. You will have to have one made up I imagine. I got ripped off for one last year.

Speak to @stevemen who owns http://elgrandcarparts.co.uk - he's the best breaker on the forum.

Aside from him, if he doesn't have what you need - try looking on Ebay as there are a few decent breakers you can get bits from. You'll be in luck if someone is breaking one that doesn't know their worth as they flog the bits dirt cheap.

And if you fancy tarting her up a little, I have an exceptionally nice chrome grille for a pre-facelift - open to offers on it. It's just in my way at the moment. Paid £35 for it which was a bargain... they usually go for near enough £100 so happy to just get my money back.

There is an exhaust place in Leeds that sells full stainless exhaust systems for the 3.2 for £300. They are not your typical boy racer exhausts, so won't give you a decent sound, but if you want to look for something that will last the lifetime of the van, that's your best bet at £300.

I have managed to get a mid box and back box for my old 3.2 for £80 delivered from a breaker in York. But the one he sent me was still blowing (not enough to fail MOT), but still needed replacing again. Luckily I just scrapped it and upgraded to my latest Elgrand so it didn't cause me much fuss.... but just be careful when buying second hand standard exhausts. They are pretty much all the same age now and will all show signs of wear. Unless the 2nd hand exhaust you are buying was a replacement to the original exhaust at some point, in which case, it will be better.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum :)

I'm talking to the chap ref that exhaust, postage is the problem that we're working on :)

Crazycraig

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Welcome to the club

Doesn’t matter on condition as that means you can personalise!! Make it your own and nothing is ever perfect for the age of vehicles we have.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Josh, send MikeyD a Pm bud, he's fairly new to the forum so may have missed your post...

I'll try and catch him tonight /tomorrow for you bud