• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

FORUM DOWNTIME AND LOSS OF DATA

All

This is important.

Our host basically informed us that they were going into liquidation and gave us until the 1st October to move the site to a new server. On the 4th September, they packed up, fucked off and disappeared.

This meant that the website went down very suddenly and we were not prepared for it.

I had a full back up of the site which was done on the 15th July. This is the backup that has been loaded.

In simple terms... any posts, threads, pictures, PM's, new users, member upgrades... basically anything that happened between 15th July and 4th September has been lost.

We are now on the new server, and EOC has now got it's OWN server. No more piggybacking. We have security and have futureproofed ourselves.

I apologise for the loss of data between the back up and the site going down, I should have done more regular back ups, but there is nothing i can do to resolve this, we will just have to pick up where we left off and get right back into it.

So, any users that have ALREADY PAID for premium membership, but are not shown as premium members, drop me a PM with your PAYPAL email address, I'll check the payment and then manually upgrade the account.

Any users who joined since the 15th July will need to re-create their accounts and, again, if you paid for premium membership in that time, same applies as above.

Any orders placed on the shop that have not been fulfilled in this time, all that data has been lost. You will need to email me with your order number (you should have received an email) and I'll make sure the bits you ordered are sent to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Luckily, I started working on rebooting the site at 6pm tonight and had it up and working by 8pm... so we know that the back up and restore system works as it should. More regular back ups will be taken going forward just in case we have any more unfortunate sudden losses of data.
Hi Karl for the premium membership where should I send the email.
Sorry I'm really rubbish at this

For goodness sake @Karl, you KNOW how important regular backups are........

I hope you have deducted a lot of browny points from the heap that you have rightfully earnt for other aspects of your work!

I have deducted a significant amount of brownie points :joy:

I used to do weekly backups without fail... they just fell to the bottom of my priority list in recent months. Contingency plans are being put in place in case I forget to do them.

What's worrying me about all this , I've missed out on knowing how many more Speakers Freshandminty has been cramming into his bus in the last few days.;):)

Oh shit... the minty project thread... NOOOOOOOOOOOO :scream:

@freshandminty - you've got some updating to do boy :joy:

I had to check in the bus to make sure that it hadn't automatically reversed all my work completed since 15th July, untrimmed my enclosure and taken the sub back out by itself but it's all still there. :laughing:

Back