E51 FM Transmitter

Karl

Broken
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Hi, from what I can tell it only transmits FM frequencies, not receive them. So it won't give you any additional radio stations.

The only way that would work is if you have a radio app on your phone, connect it to the transmitter via bluetooth, and then connect the transmitter to the radio via FM.

Steve57

E50 Owner
Premium Member
To do what you want (receive more stations) you need a BAND EXPANDER. Just search ebay or amazon for "FM band expander" there's hundreds listed from a tenner up.

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
To do what you want (receive more stations) you need a BAND EXPANDER. Just search ebay or amazon for "FM band expander" there's hundreds listed from a tenner up.
I know Steve but it is the fitting of it that puts me off

Deand

E51 Owner
Fitting might be a little bit more involved but I have just ordered a pure radio 300 off ebay a little more expensive at 49.95 but they have good reviews

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well I put it in the car and Bingo it works a treat. I even just stuffed the antenna in the glove box and it made no difference to the reception at all. Happy Happy Happy:p

Deand

E51 Owner
Be having one of those then. I dislike the idea of taking the original ICE out so this should do fine. Just got to figure out how to get the miracast working now!

Archie

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well I put it in the car and Bingo it works a treat. I even just stuffed the antenna in the glove box and it made no difference to the reception at all. Happy Happy Happy:p
hi could you tell me how is this powerd is it the 12v socket ? also how did you connect it to play through the elgrand speakers ?
thanks

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
hi could you tell me how is this powerd is it the 12v socket ? also how did you connect it to play through the elgrand speakers ?
thanks
You plug it into the 12v socket, select a free FM frequency on the radio and there you go. Simples. The instructions are easy to follow. It plays through the radio so your so you Aux jacks are free for other things

Last edited: