"Flo and her Amazing Adventures"

JohnE

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well I have had my "Flo" now for just over a year and decided to reflect on what I have done to her.When I started to think about how she looked when I got her to how she looks now its quite amazing the difference
so how did I get from here
upload_2017-7-8_20-30-30.png
to here
upload_2017-7-8_20-31-16.png

It all started with probably why I bought my "Flo" Rider in the first place ,because I wanted a camper van which was good looking different from the norm and a head turner and I love her.

The first thing I did was convert her to a camper ,fitted poptop roof and kitted out her insides
upload_2017-7-8_20-32-59.png
This was converted by Caledonian Campers Glasgow

upload_2017-7-8_20-33-28.png

upload_2017-7-8_20-34-6.png
I had to have my swivel seat ,you cant have a camper without a captains swivel front seat.The conversion guys made this work by using the swivel from the middle row .As you can see we even got both front seats covered to match the rock and roll bed.

Pop top roof ,looks like a camper now .

after the major work was completed I started to work on the inside starting with the led dash conversion
When I put these bulbs in I could not believe the difference........so bright!!

I had to do the heater bulbs now ,decided on white ,at the same time I needed to replace the ICE ,fed up listening to bloody R2 I fitted an economical double din head unit withal the features inc satnav ,I needed satnav for when I am going abroad .I went for the Xtrons TD699GD unit which for the money coupled with the new pioneer speaker sound really good

20141126_162131.jpg

As I liked the look of the OEM stripes which were chrome effect although a bit worn I decided to replace them ,now I know a lot of guys have removed them but not for me
20150703_152057~2.jpg
When I polish "Flo" the stripes look really good and I like shiny stuff as you can see fitted chrome washer covers too.
Also fitted chrome wheel arch covers
20150721_140507.jpg
20150721_142257.jpg
As you can see I have also at this point still got on the OEM chrome 15" Rider wheels .as I said earlier I like shiny stuff so I had to change them not cos they were not shiny but the were too small for the look of the van .I went for 18" Lenzo concerto alloys
20150820_144656.jpg

As "Flo" is a camper I needed to fit a bike rack to take full advantage of touring so I fitted the thule 973 with the Bongo kit

back to the inside to make it a bit more sporty I fitted sports pedals

Other mods I have done are fitted a red oil catch can ,nismo decals,nismo rad cap and oil cap in chrome and red alloy protectors .If I can think of any more I'll update you .When you think about all the things you do to enhance your pride and joy it makes me happy ,I love my "Flo"
if you want to follow what she gets up to then you can on her own face book page "Flo and her Amazing Adventures" FB page

https://www.facebook.com/floandheramazingadventures

Last edited:

JohnE

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Other things I forgot to mention recent mods , Nissan LED rear badge in red
upload_2017-7-8_20-43-34.png
upload_2017-7-8_20-46-6.png

Chrome door handle kit
upload_2017-7-8_20-45-15.png

As we all know red makes thing go faster and sporty ...................well I painted the engine cover to match the red OCC

upload_2017-7-8_20-47-4.png

and red Rimblades and Nismo wheel decals
And the last mod so far is DRLs .

upload_2017-7-8_20-50-13.png

Thanks for the nice comments ,I don't know anyone who does not love these machines .Thanks to Karl and all the guys on the forum and ElgrandOC FB page it makes a huge difference knowing there is so much knowledge out there and lots of inspiration .

Last edited:

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Stunning mate! If I can get mine half as nice as that I'll be happy :)

Will be watching this project.

JonRWB

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi John

She's looking good as usual. Really nice conversion you have there. Mine should be finished middle of next month - can't wait! :)

Cheers

Jon

Whaley

E51 Owner
John, If you don't mind me asking how much was your conversion? looks awesome!

How much height did your roof add?

JohnE

E50 Owner
Premium Member
John, If you don't mind me asking how much was your conversion? looks awesome!

How much height did your roof add?
Hi Whaley the cost was approx. 10K that inc the poptop roof .With the roof down extra height is not much 3inch maybe but with it up I can stand up no problem

JonRWB

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Worth every penny John - it's a cracking conversion.

@Whaley - the going rate for a good quality camper conversion is between 8 and 10K, depending on what you specify.