First ever South West Elgrand OC Club Meet at Ham Hill.

S

Spannerdemon

Just got back from a great meet up with a lot of the South West members, and families. The sun shone, we all got parked up without problems outside the pub in the Country Park, and we enjoyed a really good and very friendly social meet, checking out each others rides, sharing hints and tips, and really appreciating each others cars, followed by a BIG picnic in stunning countryside with 30 mile views.

Thank You to all of you who made the effort and came along, and made today very special. Not just for me, but I know that we all said how much fun it was, and how easy and relaxed it all was. For a first ever meet, the turnout was amazing. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Some lovely cars, all turned out beautifully. We had Chris and Lorraine, Max, Graham, John, Andy, from Weymouth, Alan, Alyson and Rob from Cornwall, with their very energetic, well mannered and amusing youngster, Howard and Maureen, Paul from Llanelli and Myself and my daughter. Also lots of family and friends and 2 dogs who came along. Sorry I really am not good with remembering all your names, but you are all lovely people and helped to make a super day happen.

Unfortunately my own wife, Teresa, was unable to be with me, as our young Cairn Terrier was diagnosed with a brain tumour last week, so she stayed at home with him. She looks forward to being with me next time, once we have dealt with this.

This has been a great first meet, in a great location. Some good friends made today. Please spread the word about our super club.....KARLS super Club !!

:yahoo: Let's see YOUR photos too. Post them up here.

You have ALL made my hard work worthwhile. I appreciate that. Might have to do it again. :grin: :grin:

PS. I am the guy in the blue sweatshirt.

[highlight=yellow]******[/highlight]And a special message for Chris's Lorraine : Elgrand OC does not, in my case, stand for Elgrand Old Codger !! I have a long memory, and knowing how much you enjoyed today....and we WILL meet again...there will be payback :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So here are the photos. ENJOY.

Early arrivals. Howard and Maureen from Cardiff, Me and my daughter from Exeter and Chris and Lorraine from Strete

Howard and Maureen arriving at the pub

Viewing Time ! Even people visiting the pub were impressed.

Rogues Gallery

Sharing info

Picnic

Picnic

Picnic

More picnic

Guess?

Ham Hill

Alyson and Robs young dynamo!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Re: South West Meet at Ham Hill. BRILLIANT.

Great pics Keith! Thank you for all your efforts in organising this. Our best turn out yet to a meet I think.

But, I have to correct you mate, this is not MY club, it's OUR club. I just took the initiative to set it up. I don't want to claim this as my own, all I did was give you all a canvas to fill, and you are doing a brilliant job! We'd be nothing without you guys. For what started out as a test project, has turned into something amazing!

Thank you to everyone who went today, looks like you all had a great day. Maybe at some point in the future when I am visiting the south, I can meet you all myself :thumbup:

S

Spannerdemon

Re: South West Meet at Ham Hill. BRILLIANT.

Thanks for your kind comments Karl.

YOU started this ball rolling mate. All credit due to you, because if you hadn't, none of us would know each other. :thumbup: So take a well deserved bow anyway :clap:

Like you say, It's growing amazingly as more and more people buy Elgrands and come on board. We said yesterday, it's the strength and knowledge of a club that appeals to most car owners, the fun we can have together, the problems we can address and solve together, and the benefits of belonging to, and contributing to the whole thing. All good stuff. I have always believed that the best workshop manuals are written by people who own, not build the cars. They might build them, but we work on them, tweak, alter, repair, adjust and love them, to make them our personal machines. There were some lovely cars at the meet in Somerset yesterday.

Look forward to seeing you down here mate if you are ever in the South West. You'll be made very welcome. It IS a long way, as we appreciate, but let's hope to welcome you. As for me, I'm happy to be involved with, do my little bit, and promote the club down here,

I have already been asked to organise another meet, and John and I also discussed a possible gathering in Weymouth, so watch this space........We will be back. :mrgreen:

Keith

Keith,
thanks for organizing event we had a great time , we went on to the camp site you recommended in Wells , great place we really enjoyed it, Sunday we did a bit of site seeing of Somerset , feeling shattered today its been some week . Thanks again Keith looking fwd to next meet.

Best wishes Howard and Maureen.
oh and thanks for link to parts manual much appreciated .

Kisbeep

E50 Owner
Hi Howard,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your camping on Saturday night! Was great to meet you both, look forward to the next meet, I may take some photos of your interior to see if I can build something similar in ours.

Thanks Keith for organising it.

S

Spannerdemon

Glad you enjoyed it guys. And glad you had a good stay in Wells and got the parts link, Howard & Maureen. One of our favourite sites. I'm sorry I completely misunderstood that you wanted to camp there on Saturday. I had the phone number with me and could have given it to you.

I had a lot on my mind on Saturday. Our little dog is very poorly, and my daughters grandad had died on Friday, so I probably was not thinking at my best. But we did have a great day didn't we. :D

Got my thinking cap on for another meet.

Keith

S

Spannerdemon

++++++++++++++++++++++++ SAD NEWS +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some of you who attended this meet knew that my wife couldn't come along as our little Cairn Terrier, Dexter was not well, having been diagnosed with a non operable brain tumour.

We had to make the very sad decision to let him be put to sleep on Friday to save him further suffering. Absolutely heartbreaking for us, as we'd had him since he was a pup, and he was only 7½ years old. We are really, really broken up by this. We loved this little chap to bits, and will miss him tremendously.

Keith

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
:( Sad times bud. Sorry to hear this. Dog's become part of the family, and the loss is felt as such. Wishing you and your family all the best at this time.

S

Spannerdemon

Thanks Karl. Really appreciated. He was very much part of the family, and he is hugely missed. It's a long time since we have been so upset. A dog truly is a best friend in more ways than non dog owners will ever know.

Thanks mate. Keith.