First clean in my ownership

Derek

Premium Member
DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3632.JPG DSCF3633.JPG DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3632.JPG DSCF3633.JPG DSCF3637.JPG DSCF3641.JPG DSCF3642.JPG DSCF3642.JPG DSCF3632.JPG DSCF3633.JPG *8 hours of machine cutting compound 2 grades polish and wax van looks so different in fact in was described as awesome by a passer-by! I am very pleased and tired! tomorrow clean the inside if weather permits. the find out why the rear electric windows and passenger window does not work. Hope it is as easy as getting the rear sliding doors working again, switch turned off! shame the remote sliding door feature is not working yet? any ideas anyone? well here are some pics but they don't do it real justice. DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3632.JPG DSCF3631.JPG DSCF3632.JPG DSCF3633.JPG DSCF3633.JPG

Steviejay

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Its funny that you mention the rear windows and passenger window doesn't work because i have seen that issue mentioned before and from what I can gather the window switch on the drivers door that houses the window locking mechanism to top people playing with them can get grubby and the contact can get worn so needs to be removed and opened, cleaned and put back together from all accounts that fixes it so that might be a good place for you to start.
If you do find out what the issue is be sure to write up a post because you are not the first person to have that problem.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Looks great - now come & clean mine @Derek ;) .

It might be worth checking fuses after checking the switch is on that is.

In case you didn't know there are 3 fuse boxes. One inside behind the coin tray under the steering wheel. One outside under the bonnet by the battery. And another inside behind the passenger side rear trim. I can't remember specific fuse locations off the top of my head but the info is on the forum somewhere. :)

Derek

Premium Member
Looks great - now come & clean mine @Derek ;) .

It might be worth checking fuses after checking the switch is on that is.

In case you didn't know there are 3 fuse boxes. One inside behind the coin tray under the steering wheel. One outside under the bonnet by the battery. And another inside behind the passenger side rear trim. I can't remember specific fuse locations off the top of my head but the info is on the forum somewhere. :)
Sorry a BIG NO to the clean, its too bloody big to do another I think I may invest in a ceramic coating!

JonRWB

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Regarding the remote sliding door operation - you know you have to hold the button on the remote down for 3 seconds?

Derek

Premium Member
Its funny that you mention the rear windows and passenger window doesn't work because i have seen that issue mentioned before and from what I can gather the window switch on the drivers door that houses the window locking mechanism to top people playing with them can get grubby and the contact can get worn so needs to be removed and opened, cleaned and put back together from all accounts that fixes it so that might be a good place for you to start.
If you do find out what the issue is be sure to write up a post because you are not the first person to have that problem.
Today I investigated the window problem, I manually checked all fuses behind the coin pocket none appeared to be blown, I also took the drivers window switch gear out split and cleaned all contacts and circuit board and replaced, turned on ignition and hey presto passengers window and rear off side working as they should, I can also hear a motor trying to operate on the rear near side so that will be stripped at a later date. Thanks for the tip.

Derek

Premium Member
I have fixed the problem checked fuses first but no blown fuses. Stripped drivers window control panel down and cleaned switches, connections and circuit board with contact cleaner and positive result. passengers and offside rear windows working. NS rear can be heard trying to move but will strip and clean at a later time. Regards Derek

Steviejay

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I have fixed the problem checked fuses first but no blown fuses. Stripped drivers window control panel down and cleaned switches, connections and circuit board with contact cleaner and positive result. passengers and offside rear windows working. NS rear can be heard trying to move but will strip and clean at a later time. Regards Derek

Being right gets so boring sometimes @MrRob_in would agree....its a burden we all have to live with lol

Glad you got it sorted buddy
That's a right royal result :)