E51 Entertainment for the grandson

DuckySpud

E51 Owner
I tried to plug an xbox into the back using the component cable which outputs PAL. Image was there, but it was all black and white. From what I can see, you can buy a PAL - NTSC converter for a few pound which will change the signal over, but I've not tried that myself yet.

Frogeyepete

Premium Member
E51 Owner
As suggested previously, connected an old camcorder with PAL output and got audio + black & white fuzzy picture. I guess all the experts here already knew that would happen, but us newbies have to learn these things for ourselves. Haven't tried the Micro 4 yet but am hopeful it will do something useful. Have read that the PAL/NTSC converters are a bit iffy for videos. May buy one just for the hell of it to see what they do. They aren't very expensive. New head unit coming, so that will be a project where I hope come out of the other side smiling.

James646

Premium Member
E51 Owner
As suggested previously, connected an old camcorder with PAL output and got audio + black & white fuzzy picture. I guess all the experts here already knew that would happen, but us newbies have to learn these things for ourselves. Haven't tried the Micro 4 yet but am hopeful it will do something useful. Have read that the PAL/NTSC converters are a bit iffy for videos. May buy one just for the hell of it to see what they do. They aren't very expensive. New head unit coming, so that will be a project where I hope come out of the other side smiling.
The Cyclone Media boxes work fine without a PAL/NTSC converter. I am using a Cyclone Micro Media Box and it works a treat, and was easy to set up even for me. I am a compete dumb dumb when it comes to these things :)