E50 Engine running problem

Ben E50

E50 Owner
Basically yes ,works well, my last e50 it made a massive difference ,I asked earlier about code reader ,if it's yours what is ??? Or if it's a garages ???if u search on here for mod it will be somewhere
I will find out the name of the code reader I use, it’s one we use at work for Jap cars!
I am a Volkswagen/Audi master tech
Never worked on anything else.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I will find out the name of the code reader I use, it’s one we use at work for Jap cars!
I am a Volkswagen/Audi master tech
Never worked on anything else.
That means it will be out of my budget for buying a code reader for the 3.2 e50 ,mine prob will have codes on

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
So I guess your saying disconnect the vacuum pipe and blank it off and leave the egr valve in place
EGR disabled via vac pipe mod - Saved from the original post by @Elementian :

"Yellow stripe went to the egr valve and the Red stripe went to the egr mix flap which needs to be disable. White is stop solenoid"
Do not disconnect the white one...

Update, after a busy week, I’ve managed to replace both rear shock absorbers, centre prop bearing/bush, front roll bar D bushes and drop links, oil and filter change, fuel filter change, new air flow meter, it’s drives so much better,
Still having problems with the coolant temp sensor, new sensor fitted and fault will not clear and the live data in the ecu is fluctuating all the time from -30 to 100 degrees,
I open the wiring loom up and found some corroded wires, I’ve replaced some wiring in the loom from the sensor to the block connector but hasn’t fixed the fault:(

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
There are 2 types of code reader for the E50.

The earlier models (3.2 diesel and 3.3 petrol) are both 14 Pin Consult I. The later models (3.0 diesel and 3.5 petrol) are 16 pin Consult II.

There are cheap solutions available for both. I have the 16 pin bluetooth adapter that SHOULD work, but can't seem to get it to connect to my phone. I'll have a play about at the weekend with it.

There is also a guide on the Wiki about the 14 pin reader.

The Launch Diagun (which I believe is the one that @Ben E50 is using, is the same one that @BMR has. Yes, it's expensive, not a cheap DIY jobbie. They are professional tools that are best suited for a garage rather than individual users.

The code reader I’m using is a Launch, it has the adaptor to go into 14 pin and is Bluetooth. Used for most non franchise brands at the garage I work at. It’s a good bit of kit. Like Karl said it’s an expensive bit of kit. Not a diy kit