Ellie in the snow

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Takes the fun out of it when you're waiting for this little avalanche to come crashing through your conservatory roof :worried::cold_sweat:

View attachment 2030
See this makes them planks on the roof not a bad idea ,don't no if they put them up now ,but sure a couple houses around me have ,look like a scaffold plank along end of tiles to stop snow /ice falling below

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Or write a letter to Santa asking him to knock it all off when he lands on your roof on the 24th. LOL
Santa must have been on a test run last night about 9.30 the t**t - the whole lot came crashing down. Thank god I built an old fashioned timber conservatory - I don't think a flimsy modern one would still be standing today. The impact shook the whole house & had the kids jumping out of bed bleary eyed.

I think we've got lucky but will check for damage when it's light.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Santa must have been on a test run last night about 9.30 the t**t - the whole lot came crashing down. Thank god I built an old fashioned timber conservatory - I don't think a flimsy modern one would still be standing today. The impact shook the whole house & had the kids jumping out of bed bleary eyed.

I think we've got lucky but will check for damage when it's light.
LOL, maybe you have not been a good boy this year then.

peter strokosz

Premium Member
E51 Owner
You can fit metal grids on gutter line to stop snow falling from your roof..as a. Roofer you don’t see them much in this country but are used extensively abroad where snow fall happens every year ...we haven’t had any snow here as yet but we do live live next to a nuclear facility so it would melt on contact with the ground anyhow ... I want it to snow love the stuff... Got a huge Christmas tree on the front drive and I need some snow so I can get a Christmas photo of daisey I front of it