E51 elgrand rear sceen

dalem

E51 Owner
hi my elgrand never came with a rear pull down screen , ive looked and the bracket is there for one under the interior .any idea of wiring there's no harness up there . if i were to source a screen ,does it plug directly into the satellite box ? (all sockets are already full) or does it go off to the front console somewhere . any ideas cheers

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
hi my elgrand never came with a rear pull down screen , ive looked and the bracket is there for one under the interior .any idea of wiring there's no harness up there . if i were to source a screen ,does it plug directly into the satellite box ? (all sockets are already full) or does it go off to the front console somewhere . any ideas cheers
A pull down rear screen??? can you be a bit more specific as to what you are referring to???

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
the tv screen in the rear mine never came with one
Ah right. Wondered as to what you were on about at first.

The rear drop down Tv screens were an option. I would imagine all the mounting points would have been a standard thing on the build panels anyway. I don't think yours will have all the wiring harness from the head unit up to that area either so it would be a nightmare to install.

Your best and a lot cheaper option would be to have an after market DVD roof mounted unit fitted and have it as an independent unit or maybe a good in car audio guy/seller will be able to link it to your current set up.

What specific model do you have and what is its spec???

dalem

E51 Owner
its a e51 series 2 highway stay . I thought it would be a pain. just wasn't sure if the cables just ran to the sat box which is doable cheers anyway

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Would it not be mount screen and run cable to head unit/TV tuner ? Fiddly but not too hard I wouldn't think. Says the man the who doesn't own an Elgrand 😀

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Quite a few under 6000 on the autotrader site @Chris T! I was also quite shocked how many there were under 5000!
I keep my eye on them but every time something I actually want comes up, it's way out of my price range. I want a 4wd rider without the pale leather, it's not an easy thing to find and of I do find it, it's not cheap.

I've started the process of trying to find something suitable in Japan and will give it more time, the process of scouring the auctions is becoming quite addictive to be honest 😁