All Elgrand Owners/Workshop Manuals (JPNZ)

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
All, I had hoped to be able to purchase a licenced copy of the manuals to be able to host them for members to use, but there are no licenced copies available.

In light of this, I have been discussing the situation with the UK publisher of this material, and they have kindly given me the direct links to be able to purchase the manuals from them. The benefit of having direct links to the publisher is that you know you are buying genuine material.

Now the initial price of some of the manuals may seem a little steep, but remember that these manuals contain ALL the information you need to know about your Elgrand. From repairs to mechanical elements, to servicing and general maintenance. They are WELL worth the money, especially if you come across a garage that's a little aprehensive about working on an unknown vehicle.

Direct link to publisher website - http://www.click2add.co.uk

Amazon Link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/auto_books_direct

Ebay Store Link - http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Books-Direct

I hope these links provide some help to members :thumbup:

marsden_rock

Premium Member
Bought an English language translation of the workshop manual when I bought my E51. Agreed, they are not cheap at £65 but saves time and money in the long run. Happy to loan it out to members in the Teesside area (providing this is not viewed as illegal in accordance with club rules) :slap:

S

Snig74

Hi All. I have paid for the A/V and the full workshop manual via http://jpnz.co.nz/
Has anyone bought one from there before? or from the links above recently?
I couldn't find the ones I needed with the links above. (E51 series 3 A/V and E51 full workshop)
Does the full workshop manual go into detail about trim removal? I did see some pics in the I.C.E. section I think
I managed to break off the yellow RCA plug for the AUX system on right side of car behind driver with the plug still in it, I think it might have happened loading the car with luggage and sliding seats around with it still plugged in, I only ordered my manuals last week. I'll report back here on how far they go into detail and how long they took to arrive.

Snig74

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I have the UK workshop manual (purchased second hand, but is the same as the one in your link)

Despite a few translation hiccups it's very informative, especially when it comes to wiring diagrams etc...

Doesn't really cover trim removal but more technical/mechanical work.

I will have a look through though to see if therequired is any mention of the above panel...

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wish I was wrong, It would be fantastic if they were workshop manual
Yes, a pity - anyway, I'm planning on keep my new E51 a good long while so have taken the plunge for 80 squid and got the proper workshop manal off eBay. At least then when folks on here need info I can scan it and PM it to them (don't want to breach copywite!)

Buyers beware on easymanuals.co.uk documents.

They are "Remarkably cheap", and that's all what it is. I bought them, and learned they are a just a subset of the original manual translated. I bought the E51, and it does not contain many things I was after. Even the manual is not Elgrand specific, but Nissan Rogue!! May be the engine sections are correct, but I do not have an interest there. If you are after Body and Electricals, then its only good as yesterday's newspaper. Its far easy to mention what is covered, than what not.

When I place a support ticket, I was given the japanese manual and asked me to use google and get it translated. Then said they have delivered what its worth for £7.99. Later they went in and changed the item description, where it was originally saying "Get the same level of information about your vehicle that your official dealer has. Every single element of service, repair and maintenance is included in this fully updated workshop manual. From changing a wiper blade to a full engine rebuild, every procedure is covered with simple step by step illustrated instructions".

That's not what it is, and I was a victim of a scam.

To be fair, I am only referring to the Elgrand E51 manuals sold by easymanuals.co.uk as not what they advertized for. Their other manuals may or may not be good for your particular purpose.

On the other hand, these same manuals are sold by several other sellers on ebay and elsewhere. So if you are after the english repair manuals for Elgrand E51, chances are you would end up with the same documents.

kleen

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Has anyone actually found a manual with the service interval / schedules for the E51's? (i.e. kilometres between oil change, what needs doing when etc)? i've got the JPNZ stuff but can't find it anywhere in them.

sitting_duck

Has anyone actually found a manual with the service interval / schedules for the E51's? (i.e. kilometres between oil change, what needs doing when etc)? i've got the JPNZ stuff but can't find it anywhere in them.
I got my manual through yesterday and was quite impressed with the contents - as you say nothing on service intervals but the info quite comprehensive none the less. I was very impressed to find that the Elgrand has been canbus since it's inception (at least as far as the N/E51 is concerned) - lights and auto doors are canbus controlled for eg - which gives me an idea for an automatic tailgate open / close.....

I was very surprised to see an exploded diagram for the gearboxes, Audi's I've had with ZF autoboxes don't show that level of info in the Etka / Elsawin software for VAG group cars - a box is largely considered a whole unit swap with none serviceable internals.

With regards service intervals - I saw somewhere that air filters are good for 60k kilometers - and that the spark plugs are good for 100k (might have been 120k) - but didn't see anything for engine oil and filters.

I'm probably going to change oil and filter at 6000 mile intervals. I'd be tempted to go to 10k if it weren't for the avg consumption being teens / low 20's - but having had a 4.2 Audi and smelling the unburnt fuel in the oil at just 8k then there's no way the oil can maintain it's properties - and for the sake of 60 quids worth of oil and filter it's just a false economy to eek the intervals out beyond 6k (IMHO).

The autobox ATF was listed as "renew when overhauling" which I took to mean it's essentially sealed for life - until such time as you decide to give it a good coat of looking at. I'd probably go with something like 10 years old and 100k km's.

Nick

bandh

E51 owner
Premium Member
E51 Owner
there should be a sticker on the underside of the bonnet which gives you the oil change milage/kl. i think mine is 15,000 kl. i change oil every 6mths or 5000 mls and oil filter every 12mths.

Buyers beware on easymanuals.co.uk documents.

They are "Remarkably cheap", and that's all what it is. I bought them, and learned they are a just a subset of the original manual translated. I bought the E51, and it does not contain many things I was after. Even the manual is not Elgrand specific, but Nissan Rogue!! May be the engine sections are correct, but I do not have an interest there. If you are after Body and Electricals, then its only good as yesterday's newspaper. Its far easy to mention what is covered, than what not.

When I place a support ticket, I was given the japanese manual and asked me to use google and get it translated. Then said they have delivered what its worth for £7.99. Later they went in and changed the item description, where it was originally saying "Get the same level of information about your vehicle that your official dealer has. Every single element of service, repair and maintenance is included in this fully updated workshop manual. From changing a wiper blade to a full engine rebuild, every procedure is covered with simple step by step illustrated instructions".

That's not what it is, and I was a victim of a scam.
Exactly same for e50 too bud, all I got was about engine, nothing whatsoever to do with body or electricals

I have the UK workshop manual (purchased second hand, but is the same as the one in your link)

Despite a few translation hiccups it's very informative, especially when it comes to wiring diagrams etc...

Doesn't really cover trim removal but more technical/mechanical work.

I will have a look through though to see if therequired is any mention of the above panel...
Do you have the workshop manual for e50 bud?