E50 Elgrand E50 Fuel Economy Tracker

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Everyone, I want as many people as possible to start tracking their fuel economy using websites such as Fuelly

Using websites such as this to track your economy will give you tracked history of the economy of your car and can also give you a code to enter onto the forum. As you fill up, the information is updated automatically.

If we all do this and post our links here, then anyone who wants to know the typical fuel economy of a particular engine can look in here and get the answer themselves.

This thread is for the Elgrand E50 fuel economy, for the 3.5 VQ35, the 3.3 VG33, the QD32 3.2 and the ZD30 3.0.

There will be 4 further posts below, and on those I will add the fuelly links (or any other website that allows this service). Each post will be for the 4 engines.

All you need to do is post your link in this thread and say what engine you have in your E50. I will then move it into the main thread for that engine so we can keep track.

davidjwest

E50 Owner
Sorry to hijack the thread!

I don't use Fuelly as my wife drives the Elgrand most of the time, but when I have driven it we get about 17 MPG. It's a petrol E50.

I've built a website to record costs including repairs, tax, insurance etc but I need people to test it so please send me a message if you are willing to try it out.

Thanks.

Nustad

Premium Member
David, go onto your vehicles main page and down near the bottom is a link ' see all the stuff you can share'
Click that and on the nest page is a box with text in, copy that and then paste it into your signature on the user control panel of the forum.
If you get stuck either reply or PM and I will go into more detail.
As a PS your numbers may have been put in wrong, your best MPG to date is displaying at over 52mpg.

David Morison

E50 Owner
Thanks. I've checked and the numbers were correctly entered but the app has calculated 13.18 gallons as 49 litres - it's actually 59! Not sure I can change this, the only edit function available is to edit gallons which are correct anyhow, perhaps there is something in the settings but I can't find it.
Looks like my only option is to delete the vehicle and start again, but if it happens again I'll do my own calculations

David

David Morison

E50 Owner
OK I've deleted the vehicle and started again but leaving out the first fuelup as this was only partial. Km/l now a more realistic 10.2 on my dashboard, although the link below shows 9.8! Something weird about this app! Lets's hope it sorts itself out after a few more fuelups but I'm losing patience already, after all it's not a life-threatening situation so if it remains in naughty mode I'll bin it!

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Nustad

Premium Member
When I look at your page it says 27.6 MPG which seems right. There is options in the settings to change the display units , many options in there.
Settings are on the left hand side when viewed on the full site.
Looks good to me though.

Nustad

Premium Member
You possibly had something set to US Gallons on the first vehicle? It is very easy to get the numbers mixed up when using fuelly.
The main purpose of fuelly for me is to see if MPG suddenly drops off indicating a fault.
Also if I get the numbers entered accurately it gives potential owners an idea of the economy.

David Morison

E50 Owner
I checked the unit selection several times and it was defo on imp gallons. US gallons would have given me a lower mpg anyhow so I've no idea what happened. Deleting my vehicle and re entering seems to have sorted most things but we'll see how it goes.

David

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I've just joined to see how bad my mpg is! One question, do you have to put your odo reading in in miles? I couldn't see how to change it from miles / kilometres.