Ebay bid please help

Hi guys looks like I may have one yet as stan inblack has one for sale not a rider but a decent Elgrand E51 ( S33 TRV ) number plate any info would be good

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Chills your boots a second. I checked the number plate you put up, it shows up as never having been through a UK MOT.

This could be a fault on the system (@Brendan1969 posted about it the other day) but confirm it has an MOT with current owner.

Chasdad

Here for life
Premium Member
thats an odd plate to have put on a fresh import if your planning to sell it.
also if your happy with something other than a rider .take your time . something will turn up in your budget

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Chills your boots a second. I checked the number plate you put up, it shows up as never having been through a UK MOT.

This could be a fault on the system (@Brendan1969 posted about it the other day) but confirm it has an MOT with current owner.
Yeah as Chris says I had this issue last week when I went to Tax mine. Mine was M.O.T'd on its V.I.N number by my dealer which is allowed and then DVLA allocated me a 04 plate age related number on a V5c log book which I then went online and assigned my Private plate. Mine is M.O.T'd and no doubt this S33 TRV is too and possibly was M.O.T'd on its VIN number.

Mine is now showing as taxed on the DVLA and ive spoken to them and my MOT status will change to as having one ( on their screen ) next time its MOT'd which will be on my private plate number and not its VIN.

Typical DVLA I say. Nowt is simple. Not for them anyway.

Ah yes I see it is a private plate that's on it I put up a link to a photo he sent of MOT garage document will ask my cuz as he deals with all this side daily just imports can be different I suppose From the norm plus translation from Jap documents can go wrong

How did you find out it was a dealer @Dave 1963? I looked at the bids and I cannot tell as there are some bidders with not much feedback. Such a shame he would not accept your bid I do not get that as surely the guy wanted as much as possible and surely he would prefer it not to go to a dealer who will end up putting it on the forecourt for 6500!
Hi forgot to answer you before about ebay you can look at the bid over view report which I did to see what was going on the guy that bid after me I just clicked on his user name and saw other things he had bid on and won they where loads of cars and the makes and all show he was a dealer no one buys that many for them selves

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi forgot to answer you before about ebay you can look at the bid over view report which I did to see what was going on the guy that bid after me I just clicked on his user name and saw other things he had bid on and won they where loads of cars and the makes and all show he was a dealer no one buys that many for them selves
Some ebay sellers also use a " blocking tool " which does not allow buyers with a feedback score of say for example " 10 " or less to be able to place a bid on anything they are selling BUT the seller is supposed to state this in the listing. All it does is weed out bogus buyers who have no intention of ever buying. This could possible explain the rejected bids placed by some if they indeed have a low ebay feedback score.

Hi guys sorted it all out the car was MOT'd on this plate before he put private plate on here is the plate number ive now checked it ( Vt55 unn ) and VIN Number is E51 - 100155 now its not been decated but has had a recall done apparently to solve that engine problem how do I check that one please

Some ebay sellers also use a " blocking tool " which does not allow buyers with a feedback score of say for example " 10 " or less to be able to place a bid on anything they are selling BUT the seller is supposed to state this in the listing. All it does is weed out bogus buyers who have no intention of ever buying. This could possible explain the rejected bids placed by some if they indeed have a low ebay feedback score.
A bit weird that as he accepted the other offer before I put high one in

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Hi guys sorted it all out the car was MOT'd on this plate before he put private plate on here is the plate number ive now checked it ( Vt55 unn ) and VIN Number is E51 - 100155 now its not been decated but has had a recall done apparently to solve that engine problem how do I check that one please
The nissan recall won't solve the cat issue mate, the only way to solve it is to change front cats regularly (not an option in the UK) or decore the rear cats.

While I am on guys ive nearly done the deal now will hopefully have bought it by tonight or at least tomorrow at £4500 it was originally bought by the guy at Worcester road motors for £10'000 a year ago