Ebay bid please help

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Seller also knows the car, as he mentions decat, undersealing etc being done. The body work is a filler and paint job rather than replace panels. Lots of interior wear on seat and stearing wheel, nice wheels and the very rare spoiler. For a low price (£3,500) I think that's ok, last MOT was all good, and seller seems honest about damage.

Taking another looks, it looks like a great first Elgrand, if a dealer bought that in Japan he'd ship it over, replace the seat and stearing wheel, touch up the body work and have it on the forecourt at £6500

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
All sounds reasonable to me. The body work shouldn't cost too much to put right if you know a decent repair shop. Decat and underseal done! Bonus!! Age relayed wearand tear depends how picky you are? Looks a decent car to me if you get it for what you're bidding at.

Re. Brake pads 15 - 30 pounds for a set of front pads depending on make. Easy enough to fit at home if you know what you're doing.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Hi all ive just bided on a Elgrand not sure ive done the right thing it needs body work doing a little please can some one help and look at this and see if its worth the £2495 ive bided just worried here is the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222918252315?ul_noapp=true
Be amazed if this car goes for 2495 , if u get it for that it’s a big bargain , I’ve even looked at myself a couple of times on e bay

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Remember seeing this a few weeks back at a 'buy it now price' (£5250 link below). Like everyone else said if you get it around 3500 its a great deal! Leather seats can always be fixed and the bodywork isn't to bad either! I managed to score my white Elgrand for 3200 on ebay so you never know...
Good luck @Dave 1963 be great if you win it :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Elgrand-Rider-E51-8-seater-3-5-v6-2003-/352316008909?hash=item5207aba9cd:g:9rUAAOSwyTdaulZ1&nma=true&si=O1dcV87tcfMNHG82WyP8Os3rckY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Good idea about seat but probably try and restore that if I could what about that steering wheel how easy to restore or put a new one on as I think that's where the air bag is normally

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
If you can get it cheap then go for it albeit you will need to spend a couple of k on it to make MINT. Any seat trimmer will be bale to sort out the interior for you and or make you up a set of custom seat covers for around £500 for a real nice quality set.

Body work is minor although it chuckles me the seller states Absolutely no rot or rust on it.

You pays your money and takes your chances I say but those alloys look nice and that rear spoiler is ULTRA rare option and nice too. I have one on mine and it makes the vehicle. Steering wheel can also be fixed too.

I would not pay more than 3k for it if I were interested. Brain @ BMR would be able to give it a 100% check over and service for you no doubt for a decent price too for peace of mind.

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
I'd say it's going to fetch closer to £4,300 on eBay, it's a decent example that's been driven and the seller seems honest enough, I don't think you'd need to spend much on it, the expensive part is going to be the body work and paint and I'd say that's a few hundred.

The seat could probably be cleaned and treated if you didn't want it immaculate, and the wheel just needs a decent leather cover stitching on it.

It depends if you want it nice or if you want it perfect I guess.

If I got it id probably overtime get it mint I spent a lot of money on my FTO which was a Jap import mind you back then I had deep pockets not now with five kids and my partner going mad as she would like to test drive it first etc ha ha and ive got eldest daughter in my ear about that middle seat don't look big enough or comfortable enough as we travel four hours to Scotland a lot oh well she is thirteen just another teenager eh