E51 with 22" wheels and Air suspension for 7990!!!

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I’d smash them to bits before I got to the 1/2 mile to the a19 from my house. :laughing:

Looks like it could only ever run on a railway line.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Looks like the same air setup as on my old one, nice bit of kit.

Bodykit is lovelly aswell, nice and subtle.

Wheels... Meh, at least they can be easily swapped :D wonder if those tyres are high enough load rating?? :)

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Can't believe I'm gonna say this but...

Those wheels are too big, looks out of proportion...
Not sure if it's the wheels that are too big or the style of wheel doesn't suit 22... but I'm leaning towards 22" being too big.

And why is the writing backwards?

I would have to say there are better examples already within the club IMHO.

Chris T

deffo not much tyre profile there!!!! Come on some member needs to purchase this beast.... and it has air suspension! Don't think I can justify 3 Elgrands! lol
You tempted me when you posted the link in my newbie thread, the misses loved it, then I looked in to the hassle of changing the cream plastics inside I opted out, shallow I know.

I'd have sold the wheels though

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
You tempted me when you posted the link in my newbie thread, the misses loved it, then I looked in to the hassle of changing the cream plastics inside I opted out, shallow I know.

I'd have sold the wheels though

Imo it’s the best interior. I hated it too when I first bought my VG. But it’s a grower. It’s light and airy compared to the dark interiors and it doesn’t show dirt ... and is much harder wearing than leather or HWS plastic.

Chris T

Imo it’s the best interior. I hated it too when I first bought my VG. But it’s a grower. It’s light and airy compared to the dark interiors and it doesn’t show dirt ... and is much harder wearing than leather or HWS plastic.
It looks so wrong against the seat covers in it. I was tempted by it but thought it was maybe too cheap for a reason

MrRob_in

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
It looks so wrong against the seat covers in it. I was tempted by it but thought it was maybe too cheap for a reason
It’s probably about right if car is in great condition. It’s a low grade low spec car with nice mods. A lot will depend on condition of car and the mods and it’s crash / repair/ service/ mileage history being proved.

Base car with 100k km and good history would be about £4K to self import I’d guess.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Think you should check it out @Chris T :p You could always get black plastic spray paint and change the interior. From what I can see they are seat covers so proably the original cream leather will be underneath. Both of mine have the cream leather and to be honest I like it a lot as it makes the interior look spacious. :)