E51 E51 Tailgate strut-what strength?

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi @Alan Morgan . Are your original struts still available? Mine have stopped working - the tailgate is damn heavy without them :)

They certainly are Phil - PM me an address and I'll get them in the post ASAP - I'll be glad to find them a new home: I nearly threw them away the other day:relieved:

They'll be in a cardboard tube 900mm long by 80mm dia. and about 2Kg ish - a quick look at Parcel Monkey offers several at under £10 - let me know in the PM if you have any preferences for delivery times, places and courier.

Cheers, A

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
That's great Alan thank you - I'm glad you didn't throw them away :) I will PM you my details & to arrange payment.

And a big thank you to @iainmd for the kind offer too - much appreciated Iain :)

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
A big thank you to @Alan Morgan - struts received within 2 days & professionally packed :)

I've got an extra pair of hands to hold the tailgate up for me at the weekend so just a quick question for Alan or any other members who have replaced the rear struts. Is the method used in the video on SGS website the same for the Elgrand?

Alan Morgan

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
A big thank you to @Alan Morgan - struts received within 2 days & professionally packed :)

I've got an extra pair of hands to hold the tailgate up for me at the weekend so just a quick question for Alan or any other members who have replaced the rear struts. Is the method used in the video on SGS website the same for the Elgrand?

The method shown is just as I remember it for the E51 - just be careful when levering out the 'C' clips that they don't ping off into the wilderness, never to be seen again:eek: