WANTED E51 S1 Nearside skirt.

Dave M

Premium Member
Hi
Just bought an E51 Ryder and it has an electric step fitted on the near side which comes out when the door opens. This is great for when the Mother in law needs to get in the side door. I am however wondering how long my OCD will cope with the fact that due to the step there is no side skirt fitted to the near side. Anyone got one for sale please?
Dave

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi
Just bought an E51 Ryder and it has an electric step fitted on the near side which comes out when the door opens. This is great for when the Mother in law needs to get in the side door. I am however wondering how long my OCD will cope with the fact that due to the step there is no side skirt fitted to the near side. Anyone got one for sale please?
Dave
You could just strap the Myther in law on to the step and then you wont see you have a skirt missing:p:p:pkeeps the inside on that side clean too

Dave M

Premium Member
@Dave M I know @stevemen is breaking a E51 Rider as I managed to get hold of some white side indicators, maybe worth trying him! I believe the Rider is a pearlescent white one.
Hi Richard
I spoke to Steve and understandably he wants to sell the side skirts as a complete kit including the front spoiler and far side skirt. If anyone fancies the spoiler we could do a deal between us I suppose.

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
On E51 with motorised headlights, The long reach screwdriver on the outside is up down, the shorter one is left right. You need a cross head screwdriver and it meshes with some exposed nylon gears on the drive motors, so go carefully and dont strip them.
Hi Richard
I spoke to Steve and understandably he wants to sell the side skirts as a complete kit including the front spoiler and far side skirt. If anyone fancies the spoiler we could do a deal between us I suppose.
@Dave M front spoiler or Rider front bumper? If its the Rider bumper I am sure you will have no problems finding someone for this.

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I think they are too far gone to be worth saving albeit any decent bodyshop could fix them from behind with glass fibre and repaint them I suppose but that would cost too.
I think they are too far gone to be worth saving albeit any decent bodyshop could fix them from behind with glass fibre and repaint them I suppose but that would cost too.
Ues it'll cost a few bob but can be done. I virtually snapped one of my skirts when on holiday a couple of years back. Strapped it up with tape till I got home. Built it back up with body filler front and back, and it's been fine since. Screenshot_20180129-132004.png Screenshot_20180129-132037.png I'd personally take a chance on them for £70. A professional bodyship should be able to sort it no probs

Dave M

Premium Member
Ues it'll cost a few bob but can be done. I virtually snapped one of my skirts when on holiday a couple of years back. Strapped it up with tape till I got home. Built it back up with body filler front and back, and it's been fine since. View attachment 2577 View attachment 2578 I'd personally take a chance on them for £70. A professional bodyship should be able to sort it no probs
Bought them Rob, worth a punt at £70 including postage, thanks for the heads up. I haven't unwrapped them yet but I'm sure they will be fixable. Just got to work out how to fit them and keep the step if possible, haven't got my Elgrands yet so no rush.

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Nice one pal 😁 hopefully an easy fix and paint job to get them looking good again. Not sure if you'll be able to keep the step working with the skirt on, bit maybe with a bit of ingenuity or cutting a slot out for it, it may be possible.