E51 E51 rear camera screen image quality

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Guys, before I look at my books I thought I would ask if there is actually a function to make the internal rear camera screen image brighter as mine seems a tad dark for my liking.

External camera is all nice and clean too and no signs of any damage or water ingress etc.

Cheers in advance

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
My first e51 was fine, new one isn’t bright / contrast-y enough in dim conditions or when lights are on. No idea why and setting about make little difference. I’d also note the display on my oe headunit is also too dim to read in daylight. Perhaps backlighting has dimmed over the years?

Spencer Barratt

Premium Member
E51 Owner
My first e51 was fine, new one isn’t bright / contrast-y enough in dim conditions or when lights are on. No idea why and setting about make little difference. I’d also note the display on my oe headunit is also too dim to read in daylight. Perhaps backlighting has dimmed over the years?
The screen dims when you have sidelights or headlights on, so I turn them off as I put in reverse.

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well ive been playing most of the day inside my Rider with my AV monitor translation booklet which I HIGHLY recommend folk to buy. Its bloody great and brings you up to speed on all that is still able to be used over here in the UK.

Pretty much all of the use is defunct in UK but you can still access the fuel computer settings, engine maint setting alarms if you wish to and other settings such as clock display on/off and interior light timing settings and a few other things which are of great use over here and TBH its beats a BLANK AV screen when driving.

So I have re-set the rear camera brightness, colour and contrast along with AV dvd screen image quality and will try it later when its dark to see if its any clearer. Best £20 ive spent is this little booklet.

Bought all my E51 book pack from japautospares.