WANTED e51 external input adapter

nimrug

E51 Owner
high looking for the external input adapter that have the phono plugs on behind the back seats,and plugs into the tv box in the boot please if anyone have one they are not useing let me know please..

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi Jon, you may need to give us more info as not all these vans are the same.... the RCA connectors are the Aux inputs to the stereo, the yellow one is video (NTSC format ) and the red and white are stereo line level audio. The original Japanese TV tuner will not work outside Japan. Some owners have installed their own for local use.

On series 3 Elgrands the Aux input RCAs go to Jap digital tuners aux inputs, and then the tuners outputs go to the stereo aux inputs, daisy chained. You may need to investigate and describe what setup you have and give us a bit more info on what it us you are trying to achieve.

Photos might help too, as it will give us a clue which Elgrand and stereo setup you have. Your Elgrand may have aftermarket stereo and tv equipment different to others. Cheers.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I think he’s just after the 3 rca / phono plugs & wires that go to the rear TV module. It’s not standard and was a dealer fit option.

Might be worth @nimrug checking for the plugs somewhere else too and the are often relocated to driver under foot cubby, passenger seat are or centre console for aftermarket additions.

nimrug

E51 Owner
yes mr rob is right im after the 3 phono plugs and lead that plugs into the tv module as i dont have them,
i was told that if you have them then you can plug your phone/mp3 player/ into them and get music out through the standard radio..
if that sounds right to you.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
yes mr rob is right im after the 3 phono plugs and lead that plugs into the tv module as i dont have them,
i was told that if you have them then you can plug your phone/mp3 player/ into them and get music out through the standard radio..
if that sounds right to you.
Yep, only option for video and audio other options just for audio are -

1) via the cd changer plug on back of headunit. which I couldn’t get to work with a media player / bt device I bought.
2) via a Bluetooth receiver > FM transmitter device. But I found I could hardly ever actually find a clear channel to broadcast over so interference was a big problem.

Others have had more luck than me with these alternatives.

stevemen

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
If anyone without the Rca plugs near the rear of the o/S sliding door wants to convert their elgrand to Rca plug version.
Then I have the insert panel (grey only) with the Rca plug Ins and the lead and adaptor plug for Tv monitor on rear quarter to convert your elgrand to standard Rca plug version for sale.

I also have tv monitor Rca plug in adaptor attatched to 5 or 6 metres of rca lead with rca plugs on end to route to anywhere you wish in the elgrand
All from series 1 e51 tested and working fine.
Steve
Tojomotorsuk@gmail.com
Elgrandcarparts.co.uk

Johnstt

E51 Owner
If anyone without the Rca plugs near the rear of the o/S sliding door wants to convert their elgrand to Rca plug version.
Then I have the insert panel (grey only) with the Rca plug Ins and the lead and adaptor plug for Tv monitor on rear quarter to convert your elgrand to standard Rca plug version for sale.

I also have tv monitor Rca plug in adaptor attatched to 5 or 6 metres of rca lead with rca plugs on end to route to anywhere you wish in the elgrand
All from series 1 e51 tested and working fine.
Steve
Tojomotorsuk@gmail.com
Elgrandcarparts.co.uk
Hi Steve iam intrested I have a series 3 can you help me and how do we go adopt it thanks