E50 E50 Translated Fuse Box (cabin)

T

tonymorrell

I keep a copy of this in my van lol but its a bit tatty! Cheers karl..printer warming up.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Born To Be Wild said:
Useful information - but only in the right hands.... I can't even find the fuse box. Someone throw me a bone and draw me a map please.
On the right of the steering wheel there are 2 compartments. A small draw that pops out that is used for business cards (all the Japs have business cards, they're mad on them). Then underneath that is a small pop out compartment. Pop that out, then if you look down the sides, you'll see it can pop out of the clips that secure it in place. Give it a good pull toward you and it should just pop out mate. Once it's clear, you'll see the fuse box :thumbup:

I'll get pics tomorrow... it's too dark now, my phone is dead and to be quite frank, I can't be arsed :lol:

EDIT: Just nicked a picture from Google Images and circled the location of the fuse box. It's behind where the big red circle is. You won't actually have a big red circle mind you... I did that in Paint :lol:

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I had to ask when I got mine mate. I didn't expect it either. Searched high and low for it. Eventually I found the answer myself when I lookup up from under the dash with a torch and saw it. Then realised I had to remove that bit.

No problem, all part of the service :thumbup:

stevemen

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi guys ,is there a relay for the wipers if so where is it located
Hi Julie,
Not sure if theres a relay for the wipers or not but the IPDM that holds most of the relays iv found is located behind the battery fixed to the bulkhead, theres no legend marked on it but its the same IPDM thats used on a nissan altima, you can download the image for an altima IPDM and all the fuses and relays are marked on it

stevemen

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
in case
Hi guys ,is there a relay for the wipers if so where is it located
if your still looking julie theres a wiper module attached to the back of the IPDM( the thingy with the slide cover with all the fuses and relays on it, bolted to the bulkhead behind the battery). Unbolt the IPDM from the bulkhead and you will be able to see it attached. There is also a much more obvious relay that is above the battery and marked wipers.
steve

in case

if your still looking julie theres a wiper module attached to the back of the IPDM( the thingy with the slide cover with all the fuses and relays on it, bolted to the bulkhead behind the battery). Unbolt the IPDM from the bulkhead and you will be able to see it attached. There is also a much more obvious relay that is above the battery and marked wipers.
steve
Is that for the E50 Steve?

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
on my e50 petrol the bottom left 10amp fuse is for the interior lights/doorlight ?
Yes on my 3.3 petrol many of the fuses are located in different positions to that of the ones in this diagram. Also many have different load ratings to these as well. Some are the same the rest is trial and error if something goes wrong

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yeah only just realised they were different. Have got the one in this link saved and always gone by that, but there seems to be a few variations between engine models