E50 E50 speaker sizes

RobP

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
6.5 inch front and rear. There's a couple of good guides in the 'how to' section for replacing them. The backs are a bit of a pig to get to. Speakers were one of the first things I changed on mine!!

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
You'll find that most if not all the paper cone of your speakers is in the bottom of the door........ (Assuming they're original)

Ben E50

E50 Owner
You'll find that most if not all the paper cone of your speakers is in the bottom of the door........ (Assuming they're original)
They sound original:( 😂
Looking to upgrade them all and run some speaker cable. Also next on my list is to figure out what to do with the tv screen which is in the roof lining. It powers up but I think it’s a Jap sat nav.

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I binned the roof screen for a stand alone dvd player for the kids. The resolution of the original is a bit shite tbh.

Jasper

E50 Owner
Also next on my list is to figure out what to do with the tv screen which is in the roof lining. It powers up but I think it’s a Jap sat nav.
Presumably you still have the original stereo and dash screen fitted as well?
As Harvo said, the screen quality isn't great by modern standards (and a little small!), but still very usable if you have the original kit in place.

Jasper

E50 Owner
Yes everything is original.
People used to bin them for a pass time, but the original Clarion stereos were actually very good quality for the time, and still sound great providing you've replaced the speakers.
You can plug your av devices in via the av inputs behind the rear seat, and you can also listen to music via your phone, etc. via the lower satnav unit using a standard 3.5 jack to jack auxiliary cable.

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
6.5 inch front and rear. There's a couple of good guides in the 'how to' section for replacing them. The backs are a bit of a pig to get to. Speakers were one of the first things I changed on mine!!
I changed all my speakers in my old E50 I used to own with a set of FLi speakers. The sound improvement was great. The Original speakers were all knackered and worn and falling apart around the foam area's. The fronts were easy to fit but as RobP said the rears were fiddly and I actually had to nibble away some of the trim behind the speaker grills in order that I could get the new speakers back in which was ok to do as once in and the grills back on you would never know. Saved me having to remove the entire interior side trim panel which would have bee a total ball ache job.