E50 3.2 engine speed.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Off top of my head I can’t remember , but when I got my first Elgrand 3.2 I used to think it was revving too high and needed to go up a gear .but found later it was the norm , hopefully a owner who knows will be along to give exact numbers

Last edited:

Ben E50

E50 Owner
Off top of my head I can’t remember , but when I got my first Elgrand 3.2 I used to think it was revving too high and needed to go up a gear .but found later it was the norm , hopefully a owner who knows will be along to give exact numbers
I took it for a run yesterday I thought it was Revving high on the motorway. As if it needed another gear, 2500rpm at 70mph.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I took it for a run yesterday I thought it was Revving high on the motorway. As if it needed another gear, 2500rpm at 70mph.
Yeah that sounds about right , I’ve had 3 x 3.2 and all the same , I asked same question when I got first one , I even tried knocking overdrive off to see how much worse it was , and it’s a lot worse , it’s well noted that the e51 has a better gearbox

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I’m always on edge with this bus, I guess my confidence will grow the more I use it.
It Judders into 2nd gear when it’s cold.
And thought it was revving high on the motorway.
To be honest I didn’t notice after I had found out there wasn’t a problem , and I had used car on long runs a few times , only time I noticed anything on a run was after I put cone filter on , above 70 was a drone ha ha , just took air filter back off ,your car eats the miles up with decent mpg , enjoy your bus