E51 Downloadable Workshop / Owners manual Elgrand E51

I have bought the jpnz manual and it is pretty good. Has a lot of drawings and technical stuff about the electronic systems, Engine, gearbox, suspension etc covered thoroughly and well drawn diagrams.
I would say it is worth getting (overpriced but probably still worth it ) and is a bit different to the normal Haynes style manual I am used to "based on a total strip down and rebuild" but all the important stuff is in there.

Ollie

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks Ollie. I had a look online last night but the UK auto books direct store that was selling the JPNZ manual through Amazon have no stock left ( they had two last week - bugger ) As JPNZ don't seem to be responding to orders and enquiries at the moment I guess it's a hurry up and wait situation.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Thanks Ollie. I had a look online last night but the UK auto books direct store that was selling the JPNZ manual through Amazon have no stock left ( they had two last week - bugger ) As JPNZ don't seem to be responding to orders and enquiries at the moment I guess it's a hurry up and wait situation.
It's quite normal (for them) to go quiet for months at a time. I was on the pre order list but they never emailed me & I bought me copy secondhand in the end ... Copyright issues tend to get a faster response from them ;)

farbow

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Well, as the old adage goes, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true!

I shelled out for the workshop manual. It is expensive, especially when you consider ALL the workshop manuals for all my landrovers are available free somewhere online but then you have to figure a good Japanese translation into the overall price.

It has been worth getting it already, if not just for help with the wiring diagrams for fitting my replacement head unit and rear seat TVs. It is also about to come in handy for replacing the near side front wheel bearing, but I have probably gotten enough information on that from Brian (@BMR)

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
JPNZ ? Funnily enough mine arrived about 6 weeks after I got a refund through paypal. So from ordering to receipt about 14 weeks. It seems OK though, considering what I ended up paying for it.

The $10 downloadable on ebay one is just the Engine data available online for free in various places.

spuddyo

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The JPNZ one has about 90 % of everything you will need to maintain the Elgrand. The electrical section is very big, and all other sctions show most of what yo need, suspension, brakes, steering, engine, gearbox etc. body section is a bit basic though. So yes its worth the money BUT. jPNZ dont answer the phone, dont reply to emails, dont give an ETA. Service is crap, but product is good. Proceed with caution and use paypal for protection.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Found this link to a workshop manual. Does this look any good or is it the same as the easymanuals one do you think?

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks for the reply. As the JPNZ manual the guys are on about doesn't seem to be available, I think I might risk it for £6.50 - can't even get a couple of pints of guiness for that.

I've already downloaded the owners manual via a link from the forum (thanks all) & that's great. I also paid for an av monitor manual download online but the images on that one are crap. If the workshop manual is as good quality as the owners manual I'll be happy.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
There's a few of the JPNZ manuals available here if anyone's interested. Very very pricey but if it's as described & shown in the pics it will be worth it over time. I've ordered one so I'll let you know if it's any good next week.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
The manual arrived today, a day earlier than stated. It is as described & the images & text are good quality & in English - 398 pages.

My advice would be lay off the Guinness for a few days :drunk: & invest the money in one of these - we're bound to need to refer to it in the future & it's always handy if your mechanic is unfamiliar with the Elgrand. :)

Merlin

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I bought the £7.99 easy manuals one at the beginning of this thread. It seems ok and not a waste of money.

Phil

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Always good to have more than one choice. I've got the shakes already but I'll be back on the Guinness by Friday :sweating:

I paid £7.99 for the E51 and got the worthless download, deceived and scammed!!!.

It contained;

Accelerator Control System - 4 pages
Bose Audio System - 143 pages for 2008 Nissan Rogue
Charging System - 25 pages
Engine Control System - 414 pages
Engine Cooling System - 27 pages
Engine lubrication system - 16 pages
Engine Mechanical System - 148 pages
Exhaust system - 6 pages
Fuel system - 11 pages
Power control System - 127 pages
Power supply, ground & circuit elements - 112 pages
Starting system - 26 pages

The BOSE audio system is for 2008 Nissan Rogue, as printed on the pages, not for Elgrand E51 as advertised.

Most of the others are from 2008 Nissan Teana, which is anyway available for free download at few places, including diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-teana-service-repair-manuals/

Again they are not for Elgrand E51.

Instead they have advertised "Every single element of service, repair and maintenance is included in this fully updated workshop manual" which is for Elgrand E51 (not something else).

When I expressed my dissatisfaction through the support ticket system, they say “Put it into context, £7.99, look at that in terms of value, what information do you now have? At what cost? Is it a hassle that you have to copy and paste a bit into google translate when you need to do a job, yes… is it the end of the world, no… Is it better than having no information? Certainly”

Wow! What a salesmanship!!

They went into asking me to compare my hourly pay to 7.99 and claimed they have spent more on replying to me, and heap of other crap. This is all after sending me the useless documents, contradicting to what they have advertised.

Then sent me the Japanese manual, which covers only 2002-2004 Elgrands, asking me to use google and translate that!! I already have the Japanese manual, which is more updated covering upto 2011, and that’s beside the point of buying the English translation.

Their crookedness shined when they removed their harsh comments on my support tickets next day. And also when ahead and changed the item description too. I knew they were going to do that, so I kept a screenshot of the original.

Sure enough they think people will forget the 7.99 and they can get away with stealing money just like that for heap of crap.

This set of documents is found for free download elsewhere if one google enough. And for me, they are worthless for Elgrand E51 S2, depending on what you are doing. For engine repair, some parts may be used. For me, it’s all about electrical and body control systems, etc. and the documents don’t help at all.

So be your own judge. www.easymanuals.co.uk deceived me with wrong information and robbed my £7.99 and acted crookedly trying to get away with that.

If I want to throw away a £7.99, I would happily give it to a needy, than being deceived and scammed.

Edi

E51 Owner
Just bought similar rubbish on eBay for £3.95. Will ask the money back as not workshop manual :(
Feel free to download as there can't be any copyrights on this piece of shhhhhhh
https://mega.nz/#F!TM8FCara!zF3WdvR4JOu_7ycyZILyXw

I paid £7.99 for the E51 and got the worthless download, deceived and scammed!!!.

It contained;

Accelerator Control System - 4 pages
Bose Audio System - 143 pages for 2008 Nissan Rogue
Charging System - 25 pages
Engine Control System - 414 pages
Engine Cooling System - 27 pages
Engine lubrication system - 16 pages
Engine Mechanical System - 148 pages
Exhaust system - 6 pages
Fuel system - 11 pages
Power control System - 127 pages
Power supply, ground & circuit elements - 112 pages
Starting system - 26 pages

The BOSE audio system is for 2008 Nissan Rogue, as printed on the pages, not for Elgrand E51 as advertised.

Most of the others are from 2008 Nissan Teana, which is anyway available for free download at few places, including diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-teana-service-repair-manuals/

Again they are not for Elgrand E51.

Instead they have advertised "Every single element of service, repair and maintenance is included in this fully updated workshop manual" which is for Elgrand E51 (not something else).

When I expressed my dissatisfaction through the support ticket system, they say “Put it into context, £7.99, look at that in terms of value, what information do you now have? At what cost? Is it a hassle that you have to copy and paste a bit into google translate when you need to do a job, yes… is it the end of the world, no… Is it better than having no information? Certainly”

Wow! What a salesmanship!!

They went into asking me to compare my hourly pay to 7.99 and claimed they have spent more on replying to me, and heap of other crap. This is all after sending me the useless documents, contradicting to what they have advertised.

Then sent me the Japanese manual, which covers only 2002-2004 Elgrands, asking me to use google and translate that!! I already have the Japanese manual, which is more updated covering upto 2011, and that’s beside the point of buying the English translation.

Their crookedness shined when they removed their harsh comments on my support tickets next day. And also when ahead and changed the item description too. I knew they were going to do that, so I kept a screenshot of the original.

Sure enough they think people will forget the 7.99 and they can get away with stealing money just like that for heap of crap.

This set of documents is found for free download elsewhere if one google enough. And for me, they are worthless for Elgrand E51 S2, depending on what you are doing. For engine repair, some parts may be used. For me, it’s all about electrical and body control systems, etc. and the documents don’t help at all.

So be your own judge. www.easymanuals.co.uk deceived me with wrong information and robbed my £7.99 and acted crookedly trying to get away with that.

If I want to throw away a £7.99, I would happily give it to a needy, than being deceived and scammed.