E51 Double Din conversion North East

DJH

E51 Owner
Hi

Want to get my 03 plate Highway Star converted to a DD unit and get a rear screen installed.
Don't fancy attempting it myself.
Can anyone recommend a local auto electrician who has experience of doing the job. Or is there a local member having done theirs who might consider doing mine? For a fee obviously!?

Cheers

Dan

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
I wouldn't know who to recommend now as most of the car audio shops have closed down in my area. I tend to do most of the work myself if and when I have the time...

Where abouts are you?

DJH

E51 Owner
I wouldn't know who to recommend now as most of the car audio shops have closed down in my area. I tend to do most of the work myself if and when I have the time...

Where abouts are you?
Hi thanks for response. I live North Shields

DJH

E51 Owner
Sorry I can't help with radio ,but welcome to another Geordie ,im on other side of river Blaydon,a few local members who might be able to help u
Thanks Malcolm

Gonna start pulling together everything I need for this upgrade. Have ordered the facia from JDM.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for choosing an android head unit?
A quick look on ebay shows a lot of choice. Not sure where to start with picking one?

Is this what I want? - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTRONS-A...696445?hash=item4d63d9bf3d:g:oRMAAOSwCV5ZxLkF

DJH

E51 Owner
Sorry I can't help with radio ,but welcome to another Geordie ,im on other side of river Blaydon,a few local members who might be able to help u
Ive got a mate in Ryton who actually got me started on the road to buying an Elgrand when he bought an old Toyota Estima. I'm up your way a bit will keep an eye out for you.

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Ive got a mate in Ryton who actually got me started on the road to buying an Elgrand when he bought an old Toyota Estima. I'm up your way a bit will keep an eye out for you.
I actually have just moved from Ryton about a year ago ,to greenside .im from blaydon originally

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Speak to Monty @ Bass Mechanix. They are a professional Audio installation company. I believe he takes payment in Jaffa Cakes and Irn Bru too :joy:

http://www.bassmechanix.com/

Oh and he's also the guy to go to if you want an Alarm/Immobiliser