Does anyone else hold their knob for comfort?

Frogeyepete

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I mean I know it's automatic and it does it's own thing but rather than having two hands on the steering wheel I can't help but hold on to my knob.

It's just there sticking upright as I drive.

A couple of times it's caused me to go into manual mode if I hold it too tight round a bend! :eek:

As you were x
Some knobs you might want to hold. About Β£60 each. The boss wouldn't let me buy one! πŸ˜₯ IMAG4510_1.jpg

Attachments

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I mean I know it's automatic and it does it's own thing but rather than having two hands on the steering wheel I can't help but hold on to my knob.

It's just there sticking upright as I drive.

A couple of times it's caused me to go into manual mode if I hold it too tight round a bend! :eek:

As you were x
I just get the missus to hold on to mine. They have their uses you know:p

Celestan

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Nice knob. What's that stick on thing with the red light on it and what's that green light bottom right of picture. Always curious when someone has got something I haven't.πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
I believe the red light thing is something to do with the toll card reader in the glove box.
And I think the green light is a handbrake bypass switch.... it's a bit odd though, I can watch the TV (static) and access vtr mode while driving, but can't view the DVD player in the glove box.
Anyone have any ideas? I'll be putting in a double din soon, so haven't been too concerned about it.

Andyzz

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The red light that little box is for the digital TV receiver I have one I removed it they should be to small aerials at the top of the screen just like dab aerials but there straight I removed them to can't use in the UK they have a special card should be underneath the passenger seat but could be anywhere

Celestan

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The red light that little box is for the digital TV receiver I have one I removed it they should be to small aerials at the top of the screen just like dab aerials but there straight I removed them to can't use in the UK they have a special card should be underneath the passenger seat but could be anywhere
Ah, I see. I do have an extra box in the little compartment under the drivers seat, which I believe is some kind of digital TV tuner, so that does make sense.

Attachments