dash lights

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
My shifter display doesn't light up, wasn't aware they were supposed to? Never had an auto before so assumed you had to learn it like a manual - someone on here should know if the shifter should have a light!!

Aircon and radio lights should light up though. If you follow the instructions on here to remove the facia for changing the head unit you should be able to get it open and look at the bulbs underneath, I assume yours have blown.

Good luck!

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
My shifter display doesn't light up, wasn't aware they were supposed to? Never had an auto before so assumed you had to learn it like a manual - someone on here should know if the shifter should have a light!!

Aircon and radio lights should light up though. If you follow the instructions on here to remove the facia for changing the head unit you should be able to get it open and look at the bulbs underneath, I assume yours have blown.

Good luck!
Shifter should light up! One of my Elgrand lights up the other doesn't. I believe you have to remove the shifter to get to the bulb behind, Im not too bothered it doesn't light up got use to it now.

Last edited:

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Shifter should light up! One of my Elgrand lights up the other doesn't. I believe you have to remove to get to the bulb behind, Im not too bothered it not lighting up.
Thanks Richard, at least I know! To be honest it hasn't bothered me, you only need to know up, down and middle!!

gill

E51 Owner
am having a lad look at it for me at work so ill let you know wats what , but personaly i think they should light up cant remember if they were on when i drove st ives was playing with the menu so may have turned them off my self but can,t see it

gill

E51 Owner
there is a bulb behind shifter and the other which are LED should work so going to infesdigate more see what powers what opefully will find out for sure soon but at shell island next week