E51 Cruise Control, options?

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
I'd really like to fit Cruise Control at some point and from doing some hunting on here and the Interwebs I see that the Pivot 3 Drive Alpha looks ideal, pretty much plug & play. It's also a multi mode throttle controller but this is of less interest to me (think I've used Power mode twice?!). I think the D1 Spec is only a throttle controller without cruise?

Anyone got a Pivot fitted to their E51, or have any experience of them or other makes? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wattsu/item/pivot-3-drive-alfa/

Cheers, James.

Arctic Fox

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I'd really like to fit Cruise Control at some point and from doing some hunting on here and the Interwebs I see that the Pivot 3 Drive Alpha looks ideal, pretty much plug & play. It's also a multi mode throttle controller but this is of less interest to me (think I've used Power mode twice?!). I think the D1 Spec is only a throttle controller without cruise?

Anyone got a Pivot fitted to their E51, or have any experience of them or other makes? http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wattsu/item/pivot-3-drive-alfa/

Cheers, James.
this is likely to be something I would choose

Gramps

Love gadgets but can't remember how to use 'em
Premium Member
E51 Owner
The Pivot Alpha cost me about £160 which is cheaper than some from Oz. This is a throttle controller as well. I think it is well worth the money. It is very easy to fit, I followed this link http://www.nissanelgrand.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1991&sid=b500c3ed5050c2ff2f6a01de4e55b0ae
BUT do make sure you have the 2 or 4 pin plug on your brake switch, I took it for granted that the author on the link was correct so I ordered the harness for the 2 pin brake switch but I had the 4 pin on my 2002 E51, this did cause me a problem but I got there in the end. Apart from the mistake with the wrong brake switch harness I found the author on the link did a good write up.
Gramps

Neil Derrick

E51 Owner
The Pivot Alpha cost me about £160 which is cheaper than some from Oz. This is a throttle controller as well. I think it is well worth the money. It is very easy to fit, I followed this link http://www.nissanelgrand.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1991&sid=b500c3ed5050c2ff2f6a01de4e55b0ae
BUT do make sure you have the 2 or 4 pin plug on your brake switch, I took it for granted that the author on the link was correct so I ordered the harness for the 2 pin brake switch but I had the 4 pin on my 2002 E51, this did cause me a problem but I got there in the end. Apart from the mistake with the wrong brake switch harness I found the author on the link did a good write up.
Gramps
will get one of these for the cruise control ,seen in wattsum japan £155 PLUS DELIVERY TAX.Where did you locate gramps excellent write up

Gramps

Premium Member
E51 Owner
One thing I did forget to mention. With all these type of throttle controllers once installed make sure that you put the controller back to Normal control if you are planning to do any work on the vehicle that involves disconnecting the battery. if you left the controller in Economy or Sport then when you reconnect the battery the ECU might see it as a fault on the throttle and bring up an alarm. This did happen to me but I had just bought the Datascan software so managed to reset it (still haven't chance to play with this yet).
I think it is amazing what information can be found on the Web (and this site ofcourse), when your sitting there Ipad in hand half watching the crap on the TV.
Gramps

Gramps

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Gooday Neil. I bought mine from Global Rakuten. The same place as James (Mr Chops) has as a link.
Gramps

MrChops

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks for the invaluable info Gramps. Once my decats are out of the way next month I'll seriously consider it.