Corrosion Areas

Harvo

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Sounds like you've got bulbs blown. When you put it in 2WD the rear green lights come on. In AUTO all 4 green lights come on and LOCK all 4 green lights and the center orange light is visable.

If in AUTO you only have 2 lights lit then it's binnicle out time to replace the T5 bulb (mine was like this when I got it too)

Drdax

E50 Owner
Are you sure that’s right? I’ve all ready changed the blown bulbs and all five come on with the ignition. If it’s in auto mode then surely is still running rear wheel drive until it kicks in so only the rear wheel lights will be on?

Drdax

E50 Owner
I’ve just had another quick look and it didn’t even light up in the lock position. It’s strange how the 4wd light no longer flashes and consort didn’t pick up anything. I’ve had a quick look underneath and checked a few wiring connectors. Nothing seems to have been disconnected or removed. I’m thinking maybe try a new 4wd switch in case it’s buggered.

Drdax

E50 Owner
Well I’ve got to the bottom of the problem, it was the switch! I dismantled it and the contacts had burnt out. I’ve managed to bodge it together and get all four wheel lights on 😀