• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Club Staff Required

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Right then, as we have had some changes to the club staff line up, we're looking for new members to step up.

We are currently looking for one or two more people to join the team.

This is an unpaid, voluntary job. It's not easy being club staff, dealing with disputes and keep things in check, but the club staff are the heart of the club to keep things running as smooth as a VQ35.

So, we are looking for people who are active on both the forum and Facebook.

Forum duties will include keeping things organised by moving posts to the correct places, editing posts to correct links/images/tags, resolving disputes and answering questions from members.

Facebook duties will include scanning posts, ensuring members are directed to the forum for technical support, deleting or reporting offensively material.

Staff members must be active on both forum and Facebook so that members have a chance to build a rapport with the staff and know who they are.

No previous experience is required, and training will be given where necessary. Previous experience of moderating would be preferred, but not essential.

Without the correct staff structure in place, the club becomes too much for the few left running it. So by being part of the team, you are helping to keep this amazing resource going for the Elgrand community.

If you are interested, please contact either myself or @Madfish to express your interest.

There are minimum requirements requested of club staff, these will be explained on application.

I would gladly step up and give something back to this great community but I'm not on Facebook so rules me out I guess. If you ever need a forum only helper give me a shout.

Same for me too as I hate FB/Twitter. I was a Mod/Admin staff member on the last club site too and it was a busy role so for now I will just enjoy being a premium member and contribute as much as I can in a member way.

Yeah I don't use Facebook either apart from for our business. I did use to help moderate a fairly large forum years ago.

Last edited:
Happy to help if I can. I spend way more of my time on the FB groups, generally coming into the forum for a nosey or if I’m looking for info. Maybe I could share with someone who is more Forum focussed. I’ve got a background in complaint investigation/resolution if it is of assistance?

Would love to help but I’m not in fb or that computer savvy .. I ask my kids to do most of that kinda stuff... I do have the passion for the Elgrand and the members on here but just not the know how..

I will aways offer help when I can to this great forum that has helped me tremendously, but being a full time carer for my wife I have to make sure she comes first, normally though I am on here most days, bit of the Elgrand obsession! :)

I think it's important to clarify that you MUST be a member of Facebook and the Forum to keep up-to-date with relevant topics within the entirety of the club. (Otherwise what's the point of being Staff if you can only tend to one half of the club?) Simply put, as in the OP, if you are active on both of the above and you can help out with the moderation of things, shoot Karl or Madfish a message. :)

I think it's important to clarify that you MUST be a member of Facebook and the Forum to keep up-to-date with relevant topics within the entirety of the club. (Otherwise what's the point of being Staff if you can only tend to one half of the club?) Simply put, as in the OP, if you are active on both of the above and you can help out with the moderation of things, shoot Karl or Madfish a message. :)

Ok. SORRY for offering to help - I won't bother in future

Yes, thank you all for expressing an interest but as mentioned the Facebook group is as much a part of the club as this forum so we would need someone who is active on both ideally... We have a couple of people in consideration at the moment but still open for any other interest

@Phil

Sorry bud, you posted as I was typing this...

Please please don't think that your offer for help goes unnoticed or is not appreciated bud! That's not the case at all...

Everyone who has posted on here or messaged us directly is greatly appreciated, we just need all aspects of the club covered :)

Last edited:
Just to re-iterate the point made by both @Seven and @Madfish

The change around with the club staff has been to ensure that the team in place are effectively moderating both Forum and Facebook. There is a lot more traffic through the Facebook group than the forum, although it requires less moderation as it's mostly just banter. But, it is also a big source of disputes between members as it's much more "chatty".

We are trying to ensure that the team in place can manage both mediums. It's easier for us to have a smaller team who cover all bases, than 2 teams both managing separate areas.

We may look into getting people who just use the forum to help out here, and people who just use Facebook to help out over there in the long run. But for now we need a core team who can do both roles to keep things as simple as possible.

I know the club is now 3.5 years old, but we are still finding out feet in terms of how best to run everything, especially with how quickly the club is growing, especially over the last 12 months.

Back