• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

CANCELLED - ElgrandOC 1st Anniversary Meet - Saturday 29th August - Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ElgrandOC 1st Anniversary Meet - Saturday 29th August - Coventry

Based on the fact if it was not for the last minute i would not get anything done!.....i will be a last minute yes and would be for the day, once things are firmed up it is likely to be the Saturday i would make an appearance.

Any more people want to put their names to this? The more people who put their name down will give me more room for bartering bulk entry prices to the museum and any other activities that you guys want to partake in on the day.

Sorry to all. Would have loved to join in but we are away on holiday on that day :(

Karl, Put us down for this mate

Overnight camping option would tempt me in - maybe camping the day before the official meet day so can sober up from the night before, before driving home.

Not sure which day I am driving down. Think I might be heading down on the Friday before the meet and heading back up Sunday so could sort something out :)

Afraid I'm going to have to pull out as the Elgrand is in the body shop that week now.

I can still be there just won't be in the Elgrand! :O

You are still welcome to attend mate. The meets are more about getting to know the people behind the names. Totally your decision mate whether you want to attend or not, but you are, as I said, more than welcome.

Cheers Karl - I should be able to make it as long as I can borrow Carla's car for the day. I'll just park away from the Elgrands. :D

Out of curiosity, why is she going into the body shop? Or is this top secret?

I don't do secrets :D

I put a dent in the door manouvreing(sic?) around a post at Players show which luckily didn't do any paint damage but sadly it's not repairable by dent reverse techniques so it's got to be repaired. Whilst its in I'm also getting the lower valance removed from the rear bumper (because that keeps catching on speed bumps with 7 people in) and it will give it a cleaner look.

Minty get your passengers to go on a diet

BMR said:
Minty get your passengers to go on a diet

Then i'll just lower it more. (Well I might be any way)

I can't believe there are only 5 people on the list. With my current financial position, if we don't get more of an attendance list I can't really justify the expense of driving down and staying somewhere with the kids :cry2:

I know the feeling mate. What's happening with our Meets?

I personaly think a lot of this could be down to being divided between the site forum and facebook which seems to have "watered down" the chat in the forum and we are all guilty of this. Unfortunately messages on facebook get forgotten about and then are hard to find again. Its a real shame that some people wont get up off their arse and mix, i find its fun to chat and discuss things with other owners face to face. Its the same with the Club stands at the JAE and Santa Pod, a lot of people have never been to one of these events and THINK its not for me without even going once and they miss out on the fun, the interaction and seeing something different to the norm. I just guess what I am saying is some people are boring as s++t.

Karl said:
I can't believe there are only 5 people on the list. With my current financial position, if we don't get more of an attendance list I can't really justify the expense of driving down and staying somewhere with the kids :cry2:

I wouldn't blame you at all to be honest, it's a big cost for a small meet. The club birthday celebrations can always be done at one of the other meets that already have a bigger list?

I think for a lot of owners it's probably down to cost, and having other commitments at the same times of events.
We would love to have come to the Newark meet even though it's a hell of a way for us, but unfortunately will be visiting family abroad at that time.

Shame though, because like I found at the South West Meet, and as Brian rightly says, meeting and chatting face to face is what builds these clubs and forums.

Hey Ho.

Summer events are always hit and miss. People are either on Holiday or already at an event (whether it be a car show or not, there is a lot on over the Summer to keep the kids entertained).

So, on this note. I am cancelling the Anniversary meet - we will have birthday celebrations at JAE with all those who are in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back