FOR SALE Breaking E50 3.2TD Allmode 4x4

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Well,I still havent been able to sell the old girl,so as of the 1st of May 2018,I will be breaking her for spares.I am away on holiday this Monday for a week,so will start as soon as I am back.
First come,first served.
Payments by PayPal (+4% for PayPal fees/protection) or cash on collection.I am based in the Highlands of Scotland.

At this moment in time,I do not have the means to remove the engine or drive train,and will be keeping the wheels until she is uplifted for scrap.I have quite a few new parts,so will post them up later this afternoon when the wife gets home to keep an eye on the children.

Any questions,please do not hesitate to call me.If I can get the part off,it will be up for sale.Only thing potentially sold are the curtains and curtain hooks.

Kevin View attachment 4170
I’m looking for the front brake pad retaining clips as per pic. Thanks

Attachments

Drdax

E50 Owner
That’s interesting that you have put a picture up of the springs. Mine were also missing so I fitted some Xtrail ones as they share the same pads. They are different though looking at the picture but seem to work ok. Nice to have the correct ones if you can get them though!

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Evening.As far as I am aware,they should still be there.As for the condition of them,I wont be able to find out till either this Friday,or Monday.
Ok. Thanks for replying. They seem very difficult to source for some reason? Please don’t put yourself out on my account the calipers can be a bit difficult to remove. I’m going to try Brakes international in Rochdale I’ve heard they’re pretty good. 👍🏻

Dave.G.L.

E50 Owner
Premium Member
That’s interesting that you have put a picture up of the springs. Mine were also missing so I fitted some Xtrail ones as they share the same pads. They are different though looking at the picture but seem to work ok. Nice to have the correct ones if you can get them though!
Thanks for that, good to know that there’s an alternative. Thanks again 👍🏻

Drdax

E50 Owner
If you go on eurocarparts and enter your reg then they stock them for the E50 anyway. I just worked out the Xtrail ones were the same part number on there so assumed the brake pad springs would be the same.

rallychief

E50 Owner
Thanks for that, i just thought if i was to buy pads online, their might well be a price difference between the x trail pads and Elgrand ones, for the same thing !!!!.

Cheers Chris

Cerberus83

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Handbrake cables and windscreen washer motors?
The left and right rear handbrake cables were new on last year for the MOT as for the middle to front one,its passed it.It only just passed the MOT last time,so not sure if it'll be of any use.As for the washer motors,they were in working order when the car was taken off the road.I'm incredibly busy tonight,so wont be able to get at them till tomorrow I'm afraid.