E51 Bose or not Bose?

Frogeyepete

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi guys, when I bought my new pride and joy, the hand written piece of paper in the side window mentioned "Bose". I can't actually see any sign of any Bose equipment. No amplifier under the drivers seat, no sub-woofer in the back (that I can see). Is there a simple way of knowing if I have a Bose amplifier or not. Looking to buy a new head unit so I guess it is important to know.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Bose would have an obvious logo on headunit and probably some if not all speakers.
Only s2 (late 2004) on cars got it as an option.

Bose gets Sub should be under front passenger seat and, centre speaker on dash and small rear presence speakers on tailgate iirc.

Frogeyepete

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thank you for your very helpful reply. My car was first registered March 2004. It has an unbadged radio/CD player and a Kenwood mini disk player. No speaker in the rear tailgate, therefore almost 100% certain there is no Bose in my otherwise lovely car.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
It an s1 car then so can’t have Bose.

Single din cd/radio with 4 speakers (doors) bottom of range. Then tweeters in A pillar, double din adds MD, Super Woofer in boot floor are the factory audio options on s1.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
It an s1 car then so can’t have Bose.

Single din cd/radio with 4 speakers (doors) bottom of range. Then tweeters in A pillar, double din adds MD, Super Woofer in boot floor are the factory audio options on s1.
Same as mine Rob albeit I had it all ripped out and replaced.