Border Force Seizure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonce

Premium Member
Address: 4030 Siskin Pkwy E, Coventry CV3 4PE, UKService Phone No: 0300 200 3700 / 03000 588 453Email: nch@hmrc.gsi.gov.ukWebsite www.gov.uk
Phone Number for Border Force at Coventry International Hub, UK
Other UK Border Agency Coventry International Hub Service Numbers
Contact Information for Declarations Processed at The NCH
Imports
Timing: Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Telephone: 03000 588 454

Timing: Out of hours 6pm to 8am
Telephone: 03000 588 401

Timing: Weekends, bank holidays

Exports
Timing: Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Timing: Out of hours 6pm to 8am

Timing: Weekends, bank holidays
For more information, contact the NCH team on Telephone: 03000 588 453.

Is that any good to you bud. Not sure what info you have :)

Dave M

Premium Member
Thanks for the info Jonce, I've tried those numbers and got a little more info via Parcel Force. They haven't got my stuff as its been seized prior to them receiving it for dispatch. They did tell me the reason and according to them it's been seized as counterfeit goods!!!
So based on the above buyer beware as to contest the seizure will involve taking Border Force to court for unlawful seizure with any associated cost to be paid should Border Force win the case.
I've lodged a claim with Pay Pal but Terry has stated that the goods have been delivered and that I am picking them up from Customs which obviously I cannot do so that's still ongoing.
I've also contacted my local MP as I don't appreciate being treated as a criminal through no fault of my own and also raised the issue of Border Force ignoring their phone and the long delay in them replying to e-mails. No response as yet!!!

freshandminty

Karaoke King
E51 Owner
Thanks for the info Jonce, I've tried those numbers and got a little more info via Parcel Force. They haven't got my stuff as its been seized prior to them receiving it for dispatch. They did tell me the reason and according to them it's been seized as counterfeit goods!!!
So based on the above buyer beware as to contest the seizure will involve taking Border Force to court for unlawful seizure with any associated cost to be paid should Border Force win the case.
I've lodged a claim with Pay Pal but Terry has stated that the goods have been delivered and that I am picking them up from Customs which obviously I cannot do so that's still ongoing.
I've also contacted my local MP as I don't appreciate being treated as a criminal through no fault of my own and also raised the issue of Border Force ignoring their phone and the long delay in them replying to e-mails. No response as yet!!!
I’d recommend providing photos of the letters you’ve received from customs to PayPal as evidence that they’re not awaiting your collection.

Dave M

Premium Member
I’d recommend providing photos of the letters you’ve received from customs to PayPal as evidence that they’re not awaiting your collection.
PayPal are investigating based on what we have told them. You cannot upload attachments to their site until they request them. I have taken electronic copies in anticipation of this request. I also have tracking data from Terry which shows the goods arriving at Coventry and going no further so I simply have not received the goods so I'm hoping PayPal will find in my favour.

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Unfortunately Chris, he sells lots of nice bits for Elgrands and a few people on here have bought stuff from him with no issues which is why I ordered from him.
I'm not blaming you for buying from him, you just got be the unlucky one who had a problem and how people deal with a problem is usually a good sign of what kind of person they are, Terry seems like a liar and a crook now 😁

We (as a club) should try to find an alternative, even if it's a group buy from somewhere, or a container from Japan full of cool stuff

Dave M

Premium Member
I'm not blaming you for buying from him, you just got be the unlucky one who had a problem and how people deal with a problem is usually a good sign of what kind of person they are, Terry seems like a liar and a crook now 😁

We (as a club) should try to find an alternative, even if it's a group buy from somewhere, or a container from Japan full of cool stuff
Yea fully understand what your saying Chris, interstingly Terry allegedly lives in Melbourne Australia but according to Parcel Force the goods were shipped from Beijing which may have alerted Border Force. Looks to me that Terry is happy to provide goods at a price but is not prepared to accept any responsibility when a problem occurs.

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Yea fully understand what your saying Chris, interstingly Terry allegedly lives in Melbourne Australia but according to Parcel Force the goods were shipped from Beijing which may have alerted Border Force. Looks to me that Terry is happy to provide goods at a price but is not prepared to accept any responsibility when a problem occurs.
Sounds like Terry doesn't actually have any stock he just orders direct from China. The safest bet is go via jauce and pay the tax etc.

You can also use Amazon Japan they will calculate the total cost to you before you commit.

Dave M

Premium Member
Sounds like Terry doesn't actually have any stock he just orders direct from China. The safest bet is go via jauce and pay the tax etc.

You can also use Amazon Japan they will calculate the total cost to you before you commit.
That's worth knowing Chris, thanks.

Brendan1969

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Unfortunately Chris, he sells lots of nice bits for Elgrands and a few people on here have bought stuff from him with no issues which is why I ordered from him.
Yeah but he is not exactly going out of his way to help you though is he matey. I think he has indirectly now shot himself in the foot and folk will now avoid him as word/thread content does get around and folk will make up their own minds if they buy from him now or not. I hope he is reading all this thread content too albeit sadly he wont contribute will he to the thread?? I wonder why???

Dave M

Premium Member
Shizzle Dave,sorry to hear you are going through this fiasco mate,and there i was going to order a console,frack that....hope it all goes well for you.
Thanks Steve, I certainly would hold fire until I find out the reason for seizure direct from Border Force if I ever do. Haven't heard any more from PayPal either so not 100% that I will get my money back so I wouldn't risk it.
Really disappointed as part of the reason for buying my Elgrand was although limited there seemed to be a source of nice accesories that could be bought via Terry which my mate has done with no issues.
Terry's consoles were £185 which didn't seem cheap to me but looking at what shipping prices are from Japan it obviously was, that's presuming shipping cost from China are similar as that's where his items are shipped from not Australia where he resides.

Dave M

Premium Member
Yeah but he is not exactly going out of his way to help you though is he matey. I think he has indirectly now shot himself in the foot and folk will now avoid him as word/thread content does get around and folk will make up their own minds if they buy from him now or not. I hope he is reading all this thread content too albeit sadly he wont contribute will he to the thread?? I wonder why???
That's very true Brendan, he seems to think I can drive over to Coventry, walk into Border Force and walk out with my goods. I wish that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.