Border Force Seizure

Dave M

Premium Member
It has been said a few times that someone will soon get caught out by Terrys actions, i recently had a parcel held in customs for 24 days, opened up and a note left with it saying "opened for customs check". this was with parcelforce so "EMS" post. which postage service does terry use. my parcel had nothing to do with terry.

Alot of the stuff that comes from china is labelled up wrong with low values and this is now being checked more thoroughly
Unfortunately Chris I've only been a forum member a short while and had not seen any posts re Terry's actions. All I have seen is people commenting on the fact that they have received the goods and were satisfied with them. As I said I was not aware that Terry's postage methods were incorrect as this seizure now implies.

Dave M

Premium Member
Yea looks like Terry uses EMS. Oh well let's see what tomorrow's phone call brings. Don't pick up my Elgrand until Saturday and this incident has took the shine off getting it to be honest. Hopefully driving it home will resolve that :-(

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
EMS is the parcelforce setup yes, comes through Coventry. it has been said numerous times that he would end up getting someone caught out like this.

I assume that if you dont lay claim to your items that they will just get destroyed by customs?

Dave M

Premium Member
EMS is the parcelforce setup yes, comes through Coventry. it has been said numerous times that he would end up getting someone caught out like this.

I assume that if you dont lay claim to your items that they will just get destroyed by customs?
Destroyed or sold on, haven't been given the option of paying the outstanding duty and according to the letter they could of been disposed of already.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
@Dave M - please keep us updated. I am following this with keen interest. If it turns out that you have been fucked over by this transaction, I will be contacting Terry myself. If he does not refund your money for purchase as he did not outlay the risk to you, then he will be blocked from the EOC group as we want no association with him in future if he is not willing to accept liability.

If he offers you a refund, I will state that from now on the FULL purchase value MUST be declared on the import paperwork and that anything bought from him will be subject to VAT and Import Duty (although import Duty is only on goods worth more than £140 I think).

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
VAT
You pay VAT on goods sent from non-European Union (EU) countries and EUspecial territories (eg the Canary Islands) if they’re:

• gifts worth more than £39
  • other goods worth more than £15
  • alcohol, tobacco products and fragrances (eg perfume, eau de toilette and cologne) of any value
Customs Duty
You’ll be charged Customs Duty on gifts and other goods sent from outside the EU if they’re above a certain value.

The value includes:
  • the price paid for the goods
  • postage, packaging and insurance
Type and value of goods Customs Duty Anything under £135 No charge. Gifts worth £135-£630 2.5%, but rates are lower for some goods - call the helpline. Gifts above £630 and other goods above £135 The rate depends on the type of goods and where they came from - call the helpline

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
It has been said a few times that someone will soon get caught out by Terrys actions, i recently had a parcel held in customs for 24 days, opened up and a note left with it saying "opened for customs check". this was with parcelforce so "EMS" post. which postage service does terry use. my parcel had nothing to do with terry.

Alot of the stuff that comes from china is labelled up wrong with low values and this is now being checked more thoroughly
Parcel Force are the main crooks. They did it to me albeit in the end my seller in Japan refunded me 50% of the charges as a good will guesture and I then learnt from it. QUICKLY.

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
@Dave M - please keep us updated. I am following this with keen interest. If it turns out that you have been fucked over by this transaction, I will be contacting Terry myself. If he does not refund your money for purchase as he did not outlay the risk to you, then he will be blocked from the EOC group as we want no association with him in future if he is not willing to accept liability.

If he offers you a refund, I will state that from now on the FULL purchase value MUST be declared on the import paperwork and that anything bought from him will be subject to VAT and Import Duty (although import Duty is only on goods worth more than £140 I think).
Correct Karl. That is the current figure.

Dave M

Premium Member
As UK Border Force will not answer their phone Ive spoken to HMRC and the only thing they can tell me is the goods have come from China not Australia. Looks like Terry is ordering the stuff from a supplier in China. Been advised to e-mail UK Border Force as they are unlikely to answer their phone ??? and plead my case that way but its not looking good for retrieving the items.

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
As UK Border Force will not answer their phone Ive spoken to HMRC and the only thing they can tell me is the goods have come from China not Australia. Looks like Terry is ordering the stuff from a supplier in China. Been advised to e-mail UK Border Force as they are unlikely to answer their phone ??? and plead my case that way but its not looking good for retrieving the items.
So he is breaking ebay rules then by saying items are from Australia when they are not. Mmmm, banning time I think.

Chris T

Premium Member
If you paid by PayPal (not PayPal gift) then honestly I'd be putting a claim in for item not received if I was you. Terry doesn't seem to keen to sort anything out for you to be honest.

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
He isn't on ebay...

Terry is just a member on Facebook who loved I'm Australia... He has posted a few items to members over here.

Karl will be looking into any actions against him when all info is in...

Advice for now is buy parts through proper channels

Peter Copleston

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I bought some parts for my Nissan Stagea M35, from Aus the price was reasonable, my problem came that no import tax had been paid on them, so had to add another £157.99 on top for tax. The next time I wanted parts ordered from USA as engine same as G35 super charger and other superfluous parts into this country no messing no tax no picking up the parts from UKBF.