Battery booster packs

malcolmyz85

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
What booster packs are people using ??? How much power does a derv engine need to a derv engine??
Needs to be able to start3.5 e50 3.2 e50 ,navara 2.5 and a pug boxer camper ,cheers

Len

Premium Member
Just make sure the connectors are good enough to take the (ab)use. There are a number of these battery augmenters with quite flimsy connectors. They look bright and shiny, but when you try to start using the connectors they smoke and start to weld themselves away.

Rapperfrapper

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Been using a, genius gb70 battery booster, started my 3.2td no problems, plus was using it as a 12v supply to run an overhead projector and can also charge mobile phones/tablets when away camping, you can charge it up from your cigarette lighter when out for the day or from a, mains outlet, and it also has a very bright torch built it.
Great bit of kit and can Highly recommend

Brendan1969

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
View attachment 2198

Starts the 6L Chevy many times over. even with a dead cell in starter battery.
I now have one of these too and they are bloody brilliant as well as nice and compact and easy to store away out of sight. One thing I do though is once a month I put it back on charge even if I have not used it. If I had one negative about it I would say the clamps could be a tad smaller so they can fit in to tight spaces on some vehicles battery location.

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
I now have one of these too and they are bloody brilliant as well as nice and compact and easy to store away out of sight. One thing I do though is once a month I put it back on charge even if I have not used it. If I had one negative about it I would say the clamps could be a tad smaller so they can fit in to tight spaces on some vehicles battery location.
Yep I just sling it under the seat of whatever vehicle I’m driving that day. Use it as a usb phone charger so it’s never forgotten. Even small enough to fit in a big coat pocket...