Another potential owner

Chris T

Is it me or is it the more you look the less sense everything makes?

The XL comes with all the internal goodies, the Rider comes with the best exterior (imo of course) but for the most part they all come with a cream interior. The Rider S comes with the darker interior but not always from what I can see.

From reading here (and I do think I've read 70% of the posts on here this week) it seems for the most part the gadgets are not worth a lot, and would be relatively easy to replace (I'm thinking screens etc here) but skirts, bumpers and seats can be expensive and difficult to find.

So I really think that leaves me looking for a Rider S as I'd really like to not have cream plastics inside, and like the external styling and then would have to add screens etc inside as my son has that as his must have feature.

This leaves me thinking importing one is going to make that easier to find.

Last edited:

MrRob_in

Part of the furniture (please de-cat your e51/2)
Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Expert
E51 Owner
Trying to work out what was standard on each version is almost pointless as most will have various combinations of options and mods added or subtracted. Even some basic essentials like Keyless VDC and Xenon lights are an option on some or all models.

All the gadgets save AV are worth having and reliable too.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Trying to work out what was standard on each version is almost pointless as most will have various combinations of options and mods added or subtracted. Even some basic essentials like Keyless VDC and Xenon lights are an option on some or all models.

All the gadgets save AV are worth having and reliable too.
Your dead right Rob. Can you imagine how it was for the selling dealers in Japan when folk went in to buy a new Elgrand!!! LOL. I bet it took hours to decide on the final spec/trim. LOL

gwentman

E51 Owner
There is a decent Black 04 plate Highway Star currently on ebay for sale by a guy based in Bridgewater Somerset. He has fitted an OEM cruise control system to it which makes it really desirable IMHOP albeit is not to my spec but its a nice E51 and he has a company van now hence his selling. Mark is his name and he has dropped his price to £5995 but I reckon he is ready and willing to do a deal on it for cash before Xmas.

It might be what your after albeit ALL the good ones indeed do sell FAST and for a reason.
Hi Chris, I'm in south wales, I just purchased mine, only had her for 4 days, don't know a great deal about them but you would be welcome to have a look at mine and see if you like, but once to see you will be hooked.

Chris T

Taking another look at this one, should I be weary of the 120,000 on the clock? Also the current owner doesn't think the cats have been sorted or undersealing.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Looks clean and has a unusual bodykit on that too. Rear bumper is not standard albeit another standard example with a few aftermarket bits added for good measure. Its discreet though if you want discreet.

Last edited:

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
That is bloody awesome I have to say and extreamly rare with all that Bling fitted. Well worth a look I think albeit only a basic model that has been pimped up. No drivers airbag and a non standard steering wheel for starters, too much chrome trim on the lower flanks too which looks like 30mm tape which can be pulled off with a hair drier. The window trims are nice and I had those on my E50 which I imported at great cost from Japan.

There seems to be a lot of " ice " in there too suggesting a wiring from hell scenario and does it all work UK wise otherwise its no use at all over here and also most importantly NO SUNROOFS and it has Rider S seats/trim.

TBH having thought some more about it I would swerve that one.

Last edited: