Another potential owner

Chris T

The more I look the more fussy I get :laughing: I think they look best in white, but the white/cream leather is not my cup of tea, I prefer the dark half leather interior but they don't seem to come in a white van.

I think the big style rear spoiler adds much needed shape to the back, now I just need to find a van that has all this and is cheap, should be easy right:tired_face:

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
The more I look the more fussy I get :laughing: I think they look best in white, but the white/cream leather is not my cup of tea, I prefer the dark half leather interior but they don't seem to come in a white van.

I think the big style rear spoiler adds much needed shape to the back, now I just need to find a van that has all this and is cheap, should be easy right:tired_face:
Its never that easy Chris and I know as ive been looking for a while but eventually the one you will like will pop up out of the blue.

White is nice as ive had a white E50 and now I'm going Black for a change!!! LOL.

I think you need to concentrate your efforts on a Highway Star model which will suit your needs and tastes a lot better than those of a Rider model or XL model.

PM me and I can give you my phone number if you want to ring me for a chat and some helpful pointers.

Regards,

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Cheers mate that's most kind of you. I think I'm off to find out what each designation means in terms of spec.

Also sending a PM on here is that the start a conversation option when you click a person's name
I'm still trying to work out myself how to PM on here as there is no function that I can see that says " send Pm "

No doubt one of the helpful staff will tell us both. LOL

Also Chris, there is nowt wrong with being fussy when it comes to buying your dream/ideal Elgrand so fuss away for as long as it takes as you will never be happy until you find and buy the one that ticks all your boxes albeit sometimes you do have to slightly compromise on items.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
@Chris Tanner I am pretty sure the Rider S has darker cloth interior rather than leather and also they sometimes come with the rear roof spoiler. If I see any for sale I'll let you know! ;)
Spot on Richard. The Rider S models did indeed come with a more sedate looking cloth trim and a silver dash top button surround and steering wheel rims ( optional of course ). Genuine Rider S also had a Nismo suspension set up too and usually came with a much lesser interior spec to save weight hence the " S " branded badge. Later on they became available in the 2.5 v6 engine too but we all know they are well under powered for the size of the vehicle. I test drove both and knew all along the 3.5 was king. LOL.

You don't see many Rider S with a sunroof either ( again weight ) and yes Richard the high top rear spoiler ( I now have one ) were often fitted but again an optional extra and they were also obviously ONLY in Rider body trim style.

I think most Japanese owners personalised their own Elgrands at point of ordering them new hence all the differing specs and body styles and body kits we often now see. The " D.A.D " design tuning house in Japan is another outfit like Autec I suppose.

Imagine how much they all cost new back in the day eh!!!