alloys

dalem

E51 Owner
i have 20 inch rims 245/35zr20 (came with them ) and the ride is too hard i want to put 18 inch rims on 235/50r18 but i keep getting asked about rim depth and offset , anybody know what offset i need and rim depth? ( obviously i will be getting new tyres all round to keep the speedo correct etc ) many thanks

ALAN RODGERS

Premium Member
E51 Owner
i have 20 inch rims 245/35zr20 (came with them ) and the ride is too hard i want to put 18 inch rims on 235/50r18 but i keep getting asked about rim depth and offset , anybody know what offset i need and rim depth? ( obviously i will be getting new tyres all round to keep the speedo correct etc ) many thanks
I have Kia Sportage 18" diamond cut alloys fitted and they IMO fit perfect and look nice, 235 55 18 hankook tyres 7J 18" 40.5 offset. same on all 4.

Last edited:

Dave M

Premium Member
Just got my E51 and want to put different alloys on it, fancied 20s but I am worried about spoiling the ride so maybe 18s or 19s would be better. Any pics of your 20s.

ALAN RODGERS

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Any pictures Alan?
Hi Dave ,I've only got pics of my Ellie with the 17" Winter wheels/tyres fitted but I havnt fitted the winter ones this winter YET,perhaps won't bother now as spring is just around the corner. Will take some pics this week and add them on here. If you look at eBay item number: 142672407720
That is the model I have fitted.
Alan.

chris wills

Premium Member
E51 Owner
im surprised that 18 inch wheels with et40 fit ok on the rear, it must be because they are narrow. 17s and 18s need to be much more narrow or offset than 19s or 20s as they hit the inner rear arch where the shock bulge is. 20s can be huge in comparison.

ALAN RODGERS

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yes they are nice, I like all the kia sportage wheels, the later design than the ones I've got are very nice, didnt know which ones to go for at the time of choosing.The later ones are also Diamond cut but are straight fluted. This model- eBay item number:401307211229